New additions to my 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Sadly, when I went down to my LFS today to chit chat, I was informed they were closing down because the owner has been accepted in to med school. So, knowing that I had been eyeing some of the rainbows, he made me an irresistable offer. He pointed at 3 tanks and said I could take everything in them for $75... well, I HAD to take everything. So, I head home with 50 some fish, 2 sponge filters, a chunk of driftwood, and a container of NLS Grow.

Previously, I only had 5 rainbows and 11 black skirts in my 125... Now, I have a ton of everything. barbs, tetras, clown loaches, rainbows, danios, rasboras, and pearl danios... and probably some I haven't figured out yet.

Well, here's a video.

YouTube - New additions to the 125

I've also added the two sponges from the sponge filters in an attempt to NOT mini-cycle.

That's pretty incredible. I especially like the penguin and serpae tetras!

You should start breeding your rainbows and sell me some :D

These plants are enough work Roy... and I'm TRYING to breed my apistos.. so unless they breed in the tank, which can happen but is unlikely, no baby rainbows in the near future.

Looks good! Everybody looks happy and healthy. At the 1:00 mark I see a t-barb aka spanner barb. Keep an eye on that one. I had to rehome mine. Once they got a little bigger they really turned into fin nippers and loved to tear up my plants. Maybe yours won't bother anybody or anything but mine were brutal

Attachments

• image-1309983320.jpg
    image-1309983320.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 90
Yeah I have maybe 5 of them. I guess I will just have to wait it out and see. I just couldn't say no because it was such an awesome deal. I did manage to talk him in to keeping the 6 severums but that's all he would keep

Nice score on the T-Barb! Now that I actually see one in a tank from a member and not just an online photo, I'm thinking I may also consider them. Looks like your 50+ fish found themselves a good home.

AWESOME.that is an amazing deal,hope everyone gets along.

Back
Top Bottom