New additions to the tanks :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kelsey, thanks so much for those pictures! I was trying to see how fat they were LOL. My scooter is not as nasty thin as he was but he's not yet plump like yours. hehe

i didn't know you had a mandarin in the 28g....did you move live rock in there for the pods or is he eating prepared? I'm getting impatient I want one so bad. :-D

My scooter was nasty thin when I got him too lol and now he's like a little sausage. He eats really well and really quickly.

All three of them are on prepared foods, though I don't think the mandarin in our large tank gets much with all those other fish in there.

The mandarin in my 28 gallon doesn't eat as well as my last one though (I had one before who was very fat and chased the food down like the scooter does, she got stung and killed by my BTA I think). This one I need to turn the current off and put food right in front of her, and then she takes her sweet time while I try to keep my other fish and the cleaner shrimp away from the food. I'm hoping she will learn to eat quicker here soon lol.

Wow. Really great tank.. makes me jealous. Looks like i will have spend some more money..just feel bad taking it from the kids... its okay though i have you to place blame when they wonder where their college money is.. i can tell them to look at the aquarium.

Wow. Really great tank.. makes me jealous. Looks like i will have spend some more money..just feel bad taking it from the kids... its okay though i have you to place blame when they wonder where their college money is.. i can tell them to look at the aquarium.

Lol get the kids involved! The will understand once they are addicts as well. Plus it will give them a reason to go to school, need more money for tanks! haha

0o.Kelsey.o0 said:
Lol get the kids involved! The will understand once they are addicts as well. Plus it will give them a reason to go to school, need more money for tanks! haha

Exactly. The tanks look great!

That was a great joke non the less.. but everyone has to agree, a saltwater aquarium look 100 times better on a wall then any degree I've put on it.

A couple updates

New starry blenny in the 260. He's a pretty shy guy so far but comes out occasionally. ($44)
img_1376082_0_5a865c1cc74c7f2008917990e002a067.jpg

img_1376082_1_af6b27768f37d04fceeb44908206c176.jpg

New cleaner wrasse, also in the 260. Hopefully will help with some ich on the achilles tang. He is eating frozen foods as well :) ($20)
img_1376082_2_0fc31d545e0f5c2fdcad6bd481fbed40.jpg

Also, I thought I'd share, our coris wrasse has just gotten some more coloring, he now has the yellow tail.:D
img_1376082_3_6c88da06033e5a204e292e11a2ad2d53.jpg

img_1376082_4_352ecfc87d078af747b982364263c393.jpg

Last edited:
Your tanks are always so beautifully done.. both in fish and and aquascaping.. + 1 for showing us how it needs to be done.

$44 for the starry? Yikes, was only 15 at my LFS. I suppose it's harder to ship them to Canada than California though, lol. And the whole US->CA conversion rate.

Loving the Coris btw.

And yes my LFS is often more expensive I've noticed, it's probably because he opened it himself, he is the only LFS that specializes in SW in the whole city. Our petland, Petsmart, and Petcetera here only sell FW. I kind of like it though, my LFS only orders the best and he can get me pretty much anything I want, even rare items. I don't mind spending extra to keep him open, it's nice having a LFS owner that knows what he's doing.

Prices are like that everywhere in Canada I think, we have to pay almost 60 bucks just for a cleaner shrimp. How much was your acilles tang like 175 I'm geussing

You pay more for for reef livestock in Canada than we do in US,while we pay more for our medicine in the US than you do in Canada for the same medicine. Can't win right? LOL

Nice aquisitions. Dont expect the cleaner wrasse to live long. I`ve never seen one live longer than three months. They have a poor record of making it in home aquariums.

You pay more for for reef livestock in Canada than we do in US,while we pay more for our medicine in the US than you do in Canada for the same medicine. Can't win right? LOL

hahaha nope!

Nice aquisitions. Dont expect the cleaner wrasse to live long. I`ve never seen one live longer than three months. They have a poor record of making it in home aquariums.

And yes I was aware of this :( Do you think the fact that it's pigging out on frozen foods will help it's survival??

Mine would always eat good also but they never made it longer than three months. I have several fish from 8 - 13 yrs old so I know it was not the water conditions. Need to move this to the New aquisitions forum.

Back
Top Bottom