New African river fish in my collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruitbat

Aquarium Advice Addict
My favorite local fish store just got in some new African river fish for me from my favorite importer - Toyin of Rehoboth Aquatics.

I picked up a couple of nice-sized (5+ inch) Ctenopoma kingsleyae - the 'Tail-spot Bush Fish' and a beautiful 4 inch Synodontis brichardi.

Here are the first pictures. Hope you enjoy.

-Joe

ckingsleyae1-800.jpg

sbrichardi1-800.jpg

Cool! I can tell by the wallpaper that these are resting comfortably in the new tank - very nice finds :D

I've GOT to get a background for that tank!!! :lol:

Yes....besides being a fish that I've been trying to get for quite some time, Ctenopoma kingsleyae has the added bonus of being an incredibly tough and tolerant fish as far as water conditions are concerned. Those guys (or gals....they're too young to tell right now) are going to cycle my new tank for me.

-Joe

Is this also the fish I hear called the "tail-spot climbing perch" or is that a different fish?

Probably the same fish. Many of the Bush Fish are also called Climbing Perch, though I usually reserve that name for Anabas testudineus, the Asian Climbing Perch. This is why I much prefer scientific names! (LOL)

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom