new anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got it...a rose tipped bubble anenome. This picture was taken about 30 minutes after I put it in the tank. I made sure to take my time when drip acclimating it.

I don't have a good picture of the black sun coral yet....but if you look next to the yellow sun coral you'll see it tucked in there. I was so ticked when the rock container (that the clam sits in) fell on my yellow sun coral but it seems to be slowly coming back.

WooHoo!

img_834507_0_2390a4324048d39424de45c9e52b9f66.jpg

img_834507_1_87828e079bc10d9c793a2b17b0e857f5.jpg

Very nice. Hopefully he will stay there. Usually your RBTA is a little more redder but maybe he`ll color in a little more in your tank. Good luck with him.

melosu58 said:
Very nice. Hopefully he will stay there. Usually your RBTA is a little more redder but maybe he`ll color in a little more in your tank. Good luck with him.

Ok, this one of those times that you can say, "I told you so." That darn thing moved (which I kinda figured he would) behind the lr.....so I can see a couple of tentacles sticking out and that's it. He hasn't moved since yesterday so I think he's found a spot?? Now what? I hate to leave him there.....he's between the lr and the back of the tank.

At least he's starting to color up.

It's proabably still acclimating to the tank. If it doesn't move again in a week to a higher light location you can point a ph at/near it it. The increased flow should make it move again.

cmor1701d said:
It's proabably still acclimating to the tank. If it doesn't move again in a week to a higher light location you can point a ph at/near it it. The increased flow should make it move again.

Wow! It worked it worked!! The anenome is sitting about half way up the tank. Do you think I should try to get it up higher in the tank? (I have cf lighting).

Thank you again!

Leave it alone for a while. It will move on it's own when it wants to. :?

If it wants more light it will slowly move higher. They always go where they are happy being. It's like "where does an elephant sit....anywhere it want to :lol:

Update-

I'm really pleased that this guy finally settled down. Thanks very much for the excellent tip cmor1701d

img_835113_0_a0f06e0270c43deb01986afb45f00d7e.jpg

Ya i remember my anemone irritating me cause it moved to the back of the LR That one looks good changing color well! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom