New Angelfish pics! - What's his name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
The LFS had these labeled as marble angelfish, but now that I'm looking online, it looks more like a 'smoky' angel to me - can anyone confirm for me?

15617415_e6c990f162.jpg

And, as usual, the pic is on it's way into my gallery, and there's a larger version here.

yeah ... that looks more of a cross breed but smokey would be part of the cross.

nice looking fish

Thanks for the speedy reply, Lunchbox! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing him grow - his tail has quite a nice pattern/coloration on it.

Here are some new pics of the new angel, which I've decided is of the smoky(more apparent in the first pic)/mutt color variation. :grin:

Any guesses on the 'mutt' part? Black - oversized dorsal? Marble? :shrug:

15921572_c963712346.jpg

Decent pic of his colors.

15921574_27f2bb3752.jpg

You lookin' at me?

15921573_ff80897095.jpg

Dig the pec fins in this pic. :)

Bigger versions available here.

Well, Mr. 'new angelfish' sure seems @ home now - he's even coming to the glass when it's feeding time! They sure are greedy little guys!

I've been considering a name, and my wife doesn't have any suggestions yet, so before she says she thinks it should be 'Fredrick' or 'Harrison' or somesuch, does anyone have any fish appropriate ideas? I thought 'Smokey' was a little obvious. . . : grin :

Very nice looking angelfish cJw.
I dont have a name for ya because I dont really name my fish.
Well except for the oscars... :wink:

I don't really plan on naming any of my fish, but that angel is going to be a solo so I thought he deserved it. . . and still don't really have any ideas. Perhaps we will end up with 'Frederick' or 'Harrison' or somesuch. :lol:

Well, I did name my angels (mostly due to personalities than anything else). If you notice, they are named after the musketeer's (the original one's from Dumas' book, not the TV show...LOL).

I also named my sailfin...a singular sensation so it was easy. He's a cliffhanger, therefore..."Cliff Gibbiceps".

I thought Smokey was fine though...fits his personality.

Back
Top Bottom