new api master test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking very solid!!! Although, you got your nirtite and nitrate mixed up;)

Nice I could use this as a reference! I just got mine too! (gave other away)

thanks. i didnt realize i mixed the labels. the picture is correct though. i got mine online for $25.

Jtuner119 said:
thanks. i didnt realize i mixed the labels. the picture is correct though. i got mine online for $25.

Oh got the same one for 23$ with shipping and all included but I seen them at petco for 50$!

I love my master test kit :) I got mine for $18 bucks. Beat that! Lol kidding.

Your ammonia looks to be at about .25 ppm though.

yeah i think i need to change the biomax for the filter.

So this is the master kit. I've seen ps and pc selling them. Nvr got one myself only the ph one.
Do they sell ammonia and nitrate seperate too?

Athaocity said:
So this is the master kit. I've seen ps and pc selling them. Nvr got one myself only the ph one.
Do they sell ammonia and nitrate seperate too?

Yeah. All of the tests in the kit are abailable separately.

I just bought that same one a few weeks ago and love it. When I started at petsmart 5 years ago we did the drops and now we do the strips and I h-a-t-e it. I prefer the drops over all, so I didn't mind spending $30.

Your ammonia looks to be at about .25 ppm though.

Agreed, but 0 ammo is never going to be as brilliant yellow as shown on the color card..... best way to "calibrate your eye" for the 0 color is to run two tests side-by-side. One with tank water, and the other with RO or distilled as a control so you can see what it looks like.

i found a flea market that sells it for $15. but the guy that sells it is not always there.

i got mine when amazon was doing their one month free "Amazon Prime" trial. free two day shipping and got it for $19. Was so psyched when it came in the mail that I rushed to the pc to order a couple more, but never since found it so cheap :( haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom