Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I am currently researching the nitrogen cycle. This is my tank. The second tank.
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/produc...uarium-kit.htm

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #12

If any other fish I would like guppies or mollies. But they breed like crazy. I am afraid someone won't get me all males and I will end up with 200 fry and nowhere to get rid of them. One black moor can live in a 20G and won't fill the tank with babies, plus they are my favorite.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New Aqueon 20G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
Fish I would listen to the help that people are giving you.
Sure we can't stop you from getting your moor, but the moor will be dead from stunting In 2-3 years maybe less depending upon how your WC schedule goes. Do you know about the nitrogen cycle?
+1 that's the truth. He will have three times his length to swim and will barely be able to turn around if he reaches 8-10 inches.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:27 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

New Aqueon 20G

Well I'm done with this thread as the op seems to have her mind set on something, I wish you good luck. Do you Know the nitrogen cycle though?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
Well I'm done with this thread as the op seems to have her mind set on something, I wish you good luck. Do you Know the nitrogen cycle though?
I am researching the nitrogen cycle. I don't think when I commented, it got connected to yours. Any info I can use? I have an Apongeonous plant sprouting to help.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlove777 View Post
I am researching the nitrogen cycle. I don't think when I commented, it got connected to yours. Any info I can use? I have an Apongeonous plant sprouting to help.

I would speculate from what fishdude3233 is saying, is that no matter how many have told you that what you would like to do is not recommended, but you're going to do it anyways, he got fed up trying to offer great advice.

I would also speculate, based upon your own admission that you're still researching the nitrogen cycle kinda gives the impression to the more experienced hobbyists, what research you've done about how and what you're going to do, is simply not enough. Just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
I would speculate from what fishdude3233 is saying, is that no matter how many have told you that what you would like to do is not recommended, but you're going to do it anyways, he got fed up trying to offer great advice.

I would also speculate, based upon your own admission that you're still researching the nitrogen cycle kinda gives the impression to the more experienced hobbyists, what research you've done about how and what you're going to do, is simply not enough. Just my opinion.
Well nobody paid any attention that I have done extensive research and a lot had been from other bm owners and bm sites. Also, nobody paid any attention that I said if I do not get a bm, I would really like mollies or guppies. But I fear their breeding power and nowhere to rid of 200 fry. One bm would be a safe thing for me. I asked for info on nc. I have read some about it (AND WON'T GET A FISH UNTIL MY TANK IS SAFE nitrogen, nitrate, pH, gH, and every other _H, gen, trate and trite is right!) If you have an issue you take the fish and bugger off.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlove777 View Post
Well nobody paid any attention that I have done extensive research and a lot had been from other bm owners and bm sites. Also, nobody paid any attention that I said if I do not get a bm, I would really like mollies or guppies. But I fear their breeding power and nowhere to rid of 200 fry. One bm would be a safe thing for me. I asked for info on nc. I have read some about it (AND WON'T GET A FISH UNTIL MY TANK IS SAFE nitrogen, nitrate, pH, gH, and every other _H, gen, trate and trite is right!) If you have an issue you take the fish and bugger off.

We paid attention that you supposedly did extensive research. However you proved yourself wrong when looking at the nitrogen cycle, and that you can't keep a black moor in a 20.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #19

Don't get otos until the tank is mature, at least 6 months. They are very sensitive and will starve in a new setup. Cory cats are great and if you get pygmies you can get a nice small shoal of them, at least 5 of them.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieIV View Post
Don't get otos until the tank is mature, at least 6 months. They are very sensitive and will starve in a new setup. Cory cats are great and if you get pygmies you can get a nice small shoal of them, at least 5 of them.
Cory cats are the pinkish looking cat fish, correct? Growing up, I heard fish by different names. I thought about feeding sinking pellets to ottos cause I figured they would probably get them all before any nasty things like major ammonia or cloud would come about. But thank you for the time frame on those. I heard ottos and the cat fish can live together.

Tags
aqueon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com