new assassin snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
They finally came in at the lfs yesterday. They were about $6 each so I only picked up 2. But here's some blurry pics:
img_2316784_0_00af370c56ac9affaef28cb5324ec967.jpg
img_2316784_1_e5f29c6f73cc97730e26f621918f9d8c.jpg

They're in a 5 gallon tank, which I plan on introducing shrimp to once I get rid of some pest snails.

Have they cleaned all the snails out yet? It looked like you had a ton of snails!

Not yet, still a bunch of pest snails. I think theyre multiplying faster than the assassins can handle. And I do believe the snails came from plants ive ordered. I dont mind some but im now being over populated with mts snails.

Not yet, still a bunch of pest snails. I think theyre multiplying faster than the assassins can handle. And I do believe the snails came from plants ive ordered. I dont mind some but im now being over populated with mts snails.

Ah, the mts. How I loath them, a few is ok but my 29 is overran by them. I have 8 assassins in the tank and they do a good job with the big ones. Every few weeks though I have to strain my sand to keep on top of the population.

Ah, the mts. How I loath them, a few is ok but my 29 is overran by them. I have 8 assassins in the tank and they do a good job with the big ones. Every few weeks though I have to strain my sand to keep on top of the population.

We just did the "Great Snail Purge" on our tank, went like this: arm in, picked up snail, squished it and disposed of it. Over and over, got rid of 20+ snails that way. We still have a bunch from the plants that I did not ask for so another purge may be in the future.

We just put a blanched cucumber in the tank tonight to try and draw some of the others out to get rid of. I made my husband do the squishing...

Thanks for the free mts snails and plants! If anyone's looking for mts snails I recommend zeb here. I got a large batch, lots of extras. Plus they're large.

Just as a side note, the pet store in hilo sells assassins as well if you're looking for more. I'll let you know the price next time I go.

Thanks, glad someone wanted some. On my threads I offerthem for free because they populate fast. Probabky me over feeding them? I am slowly trimming my tanks so I have more plants if interested. Im gonna make a thread un the sales section and slowky add new things as I clean my tanks. Olease let me jnow how much the snails are. If its worth it I can drive over but thats $25+ in gas.

Getting more assassin snails! I have a trade lined up, so hopefully soon ill have three new snails to introduce. I love assassins, their coloring and shape really add to my tank.

Back
Top Bottom