New Aulonocara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. What lookers! What size are they?

I've recently gotten some Aulonocara nyasse and Labidochromis trewavasse "Red Top Hongi" myself. The GCAS here (Greater City Aquarium Society) was auctioning the young (1") off, and I got about 25 for $23.

The jacobfreibergei is pushing 5", whereas the Rubescens are about 2" each. Those hongi are eally impressive...and under $1 each...that is a great catch.

Yeah, thanks. I'm really excited to have gotten such great fish at such a reasonable price! And though they're in my professor's tank, they're technically my fish (he hasn't reimbursed me for them), so I could claim them back at any time if they start to look incredible :wink:

I hope \when ppl see that we've been so lucky with local aquarium societies, they'll feel compelled to join the societies near them... I usually spend about 2 hours getting to meetings and about 1.5 hours getting back. It's still really worth it!!

Oh, and Christian, post some pictures of those guys if you have a moment! We'd love to see some of your fish and tanks.

Back
Top Bottom