New Barbs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, went out and added two black ruby & one Odessa barb about- 2 Inches each.
Hoping the two BRB's will cause the male currently in the tank to better develop it's red & black coloration. This'll make 19 in the tank.

How many Barbs could a 75 gallon running a fluv404 sustain? I'm really looking to do a nearly Barb only tank... Some 5-banded and a few more odessa's a few weeks to a month down the road.
My son's RTS and daughter's blue gourami are the current exceptions.

A 75 should be able to house a good number of barbs. I would think something like 25 - 28 or so. I did an almost barb only tank for a while in a 55 and it was fun watching them all school together.

A 75 should be able to house a good number of barbs. I would think something like 25 - 28 or so. I did an almost barb only tank for a while in a 55 and it was fun watching them all school together.

Tell me about it ... I'm already seeing some chasing ... guess a new pecking order has to be established as the new additions are the same size as the others. How many did you have in your 55?

Please post some pics if possible, especially if the male BRB starts colouring up. (y)

In my 55 I only had about 16 barbs. I had a couple other fast fish as well plus a pleco. I had mostly tiger barbs and some albino tiger barbs. They would all school together. It is really fun watching the males all vying to be the top dog. Their faces would get really black and you would see the greenish color on their scales.

Please post some pics if possible, especially if the male BRB starts colouring up. (y)

Will do ... probably do it tonight .... I think their colors look better when the tank is lit and the room dark. Now I'm not sure if I have 2 or 3 males ... they all look the same size and shape. I know I have at least one because that is the only one who's showing a red face :dance: and more black everywhere else.

Here's a pic of my male BRB showing some of the breeding coloration. It's not as vivid as in previous days, but it's there.

Back
Top Bottom