New betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, I'm weak but he was just to impressive to leave behind. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 053108 003rs.jpg
    053108 003rs.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109
Beautiful Betta! Looks kinda like the guy I have in my 5.5g. Mine is a tad more blue though, but has the pinkish purple on him too.

He's in a semi planted 5g tank. There is a not so great picture of it in my profile. The tank with the gargoyle. :) It's a bit old but not much has changed. The crypts are a bit bigger and the moss has spread... I'll have to get an updated photo.

Thanks everyone. This one is turning out to be quite the character. :) I also have an orange veiltail in my 44g if I can get a photo of him.

Isn't it great how all our bettas are spoiled brats?

Isn't this true? I know that it has to do with the awful way they are kept at the pet stores. It actually hurts me to go and look at all of those bettas in those teeny jars. I actually picked out the first betta we got (for my 5 year old's room). When I went back to get mine, I had the worst time picking and even looking, so my 11 year old ended up picking out mine. I just wish I could buy the whole shelf and set them free. It is so sad they can't be put together in tanks and then more could be saved and brought home. Now my 11 year old wants one in her room and I reminded her that she already has a guinea pig to take care of. Her reply was .... "but mom that would be three bettas we would have saved from there".....it is hard to argue with that. Long story short....we seem to be rescuers of sick animals.....my daughter really wanted a guinea pig for her 11th birthday. She had researched them and done all of her homework and even earned money for the supplies, so I surprised her one day at school and picked her up early because I had seen a female guinea pig at the LPS just like she wanted. Well, we got there and I noticed she had a bite below her eye and the lady said that she had been with a male (?) that had bitten her. She was 9 weeks old, but seemed otherwise healthy. Well, we got her home (daughter thrilled and bonded immediately). About three days later I noticed that Delilah (guinea pig) was sneezing and had a lump behind her right ear. We got her to the vet ASAP the next day and turns out she had pneumonia!! If she had stayed at that petstore I am sure she would have died! She is one spoiled guinea pig, let me tell you! :p

BTW Cindy - your betta is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom