New betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugamonkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I added my rescued betta fish to his new 5 gallon home this weekend. There are pictures in my album, I was having a hard time getting them loaded to the thread. He originally belonged to a friends 8 year old son who was not doing a very good job of caring for him. I was hoping to wait another week to add him to the tank but this weekend I was at their house and this kid was carring him around in a hamster ball he had taped up to hold water. When I asked him why he said he liked to ROLL HIM AROUND IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: So home he came.
I am not sure what type of betta he is? Delta tail? I think the color would be cellophane? I named him Hannu-Pekka or HP for short. He is named after a finnish guy on a show called The Dudesons, sort of a Finnish version of Jackass. Some of the teenagers on here might have seen it on MTV2. He is always breaking his bones on the show so I figured it was fitting since he was being rolled around in a ball and God knows what else.
He seems to be doing fine, loving his new home, eating, flaring up a storm. He likes to sleep in the top hole of the pagoda and also under the bridge. :smitten:

Aww, super cute. He does look like a delta to me, if his tail doesnt flare into the whole half moon.

A hamster ball... I don't even.
Glad you rescued him!

Good rescue! Isn't it amazing the things that people will put bettas through? At least being only 8 years old he sort of had an excuse (where was mom?). But I knew someone who had a betta "for" her TWO year old! Yeah right. Which meant that mom "took care" of him. For her that meant a tiny bowl that was never cleaned, there was so much algae and gunk growing on the rim of the bowl! And to top it off, she said she couldn't afford fish food, so she was feeding him animal crackers! Can you imagine? I tried so hard to rescue that fish but she said that her son would be heartbroken and she couldnt give it up! I did go and buy her some betta food AND I bought her some food for her dog, who was eating potato chips and cereal! Some people!

In order to have pets of any kind (or children) I think people should get a license to show that they are capable to provide and to care for whatever there getting a license for.

I definitely agree with you there, Grimm!! You need a license to drive a car, something that most people are almost born knowing how to do, but anyone can have children or buy pets! Something's not right about that.

Back
Top Bottom