Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter View Post
I

I'm keeping my 12th Betta...
And for the record, I used to breed bettas for retail. I just might have a clue as well.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Wow he's in bad shape. Clean water will help him heal. Keep it as clean as possible (extra water changes). No need for medications he should heal on his own with clean water. More than one Betta of any sex should not be housed in the same tank as another IMO.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am looking for a healthy betta to cone in to a lfs. Gonna grab one first day. Figure its best bet... Idk. But they always look iffy. I have a filtered 5 gallon I got for Xmas. It's been set up empty but got some old media in a 75 to insta-cycle. I always hate it for the poor guys... Hope ur guy turns round. So could the op put his female in another stocked tank w peaceful fish? I heard males were iffy in community tanks but females are not as aggressive. Is this true?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was told he was a crowntail. He is starting to look better already. I ordered him over a month ago from the same shop I got my female from. They did call me the day he got in so I guessed it was the stresses of traveling that had his fins drooping. The water parameters are perfect and I'm doing a 30% water change once a week. It may look slightly greenish in the pic because of the background. Later today I'll try get a better picture of him.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to QuietPlotter
@ OP - You were told it was a CT? Aren't you able to distinguish?

Dragon, correct, you never said it was not FR, but I'll eat my hat when it's fins regrow and it's a CT. I'll make a whole thread about how wrong I was

I understand your experience, but I'm just so sure it's a CT.

SM, it is possible, but pectoral fin sort of gives it away. I haven't really seen alot of multicolored CT's, only solid colors. The OP has it stressed out, theres discolration and FR, I'm guessing stress/bad water quality is the culprit here.

Edited for puncuation
Old 12-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejeff
I am looking for a healthy betta to cone in to a lfs. Gonna grab one first day. Figure its best bet... Idk. But they always look iffy. I have a filtered 5 gallon I got for Xmas. It's been set up empty but got some old media in a 75 to insta-cycle. I always hate it for the poor guys... Hope ur guy turns round. So could the op put his female in another stocked tank w peaceful fish? I heard males were iffy in community tanks but females are not as aggressive. Is this true?
I kept a male Betta in my community tank with some white clouds. The Betta wasn't aggressive he was actually sorta shy. I think the schooling fish stressed him out. At least this is what I've read both in books and online
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlotter View Post
@ OP - You were told it was a CT? Aren't you able to distinguish?

Many people can't..... doesn't mean they're not trying their best to gather more information about their fish. Knowledge comes with time.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #18

@ LyndaB thanks. I am new to keeping fish. I only got my tank about 3 months ago and thought it would be easy. I was so wrong. There's a lot more to learn than I realized.

Here he is posing for the camera. He looks better than when I first got him but he should get better in time. I have also been looking at google. Yeah he doesn't look like a crowntail. They probably said it just to get me out of the shop. I have since found a much better shop with much healthier stock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3864363260.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	67775
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow beautiful betta. I love the blue ones.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #20

And before anyone else comments. I am aware the white ish line is a stress line. I have done all I can in the last 2 days to make sure he is happy. Hopefully he will start to settle soon.

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com