New BGK.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was able to pick up a BGK the other day at my LFS. He is pretty sweet...when I can see him ! Only been in the tank 3 days and he really nevver comes out. I keep the lights off most of the day and the moon lighting in the evening.

Only time I see him he swims sideways, like his body is flat against the sand from one hiding spot to the next. He stays in a a fake wooden log and makes sure his body is pressed up against the top of it. He must come out at night cause I dropped an algae waffer in the tank for the Red Tail Shark that's in there and it was gone in the AM. The shark was ignoring it...

I want to post a picture but he never comes out.

One thing I did notice is the red tailed shark will kind of hang out around the wooden log or the fake pottery deal the BGK hides in. He doesn't nip or anything but anytime he gets to close the BGK seems to chase him off. Dunno if the shark is trying to make friends or bully the BGK. He is the only other fish in the tank and just seems curious of the BGK...I need to get a clear tube for the BGK.

Anyone know where to get one ? Went to Lowe's and they didn't have anything that would work....

Back
Top Bottom