New Birdsnest... this thing is growing FAST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurt_Nelson

Aquarium Advice Addict
MsBeanCtr was harassing me the other day (kinda) that I'd acquired something new and wasn't sharing. I'd recently bought an ORA neon green tipped Seriatopora (Birdsnest) and was waiting for it to grow out a little before I posted.

A couple days ago, my wife says to me "That Birdsnest is growing like CRAZY" and I kind of blew her off because I just wasn't seeing it. I took some pictures tonight and was just comparing them with the pictures I took just 3 weeks ago when I first got it. She was right. (See... guys can admit when they're wrong. Granted... it's taken many years of marriage to get to this point, but I admit it - I... was... umm, er... not entirely correct. :-D)

Anyway... here it was 3 weeks ago:
img_906546_0_4513c70a4a6a6bc931673b04f1de651b.jpg

...and here it is from the same exact angle tonight:
img_906546_1_aefe09b8091be14f20f6080db14c4088.jpg

Granted, it's not obvious at first. But if you look at the branches on the left it's pretty obvious. I had no idea corals could grow so much in under a month!

Very nice! When that coral is happy in your tank it will grow like mad. In 3 months time you will have a nice sized colony.

Looks nice! My wife tells me things are growing too when I don't see it. I think the problem is that we are looking at it every single day and it is harder to see the changes that way.

Think you're right there ryshark. But in this case, the birdsnest is my wife's coral! When we were in the LFS, she was the one doing the "oooooooooooo... look at THAT one". So she has "vested interest" in this one!

Ok, so does that mean I have to ask her for the frag? Tell her I'll trade some of my spaghetti sauce for a frag (I got the recipe from my 96 yo italian grandmother years ago).

I wouldn't turn my back though.....I'd love to get my hands on that acan colony of yours.....muhahaha!!

I was wondering how long it would take you to chime in, once Ziggy mentioned how fast the thing grew!

It may be "her" coral, but I'm still the one who does all the messy stuff. Including the cooking.:wink:

Wow! cooking too? Impressive! My husband's idea of cooking is opening the pizza box.

Oh....and Ziggy.....I have one word for you....

SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!

Well...I've been working on it for some time now...this is the first time I've actually said anything about it online. I've still got several things to iron out and then I will be ready to open up for business. So...keep your eyes peeled...It wont be too much longer...I'm expecting to be fully up and running by Jan 1.

Very nice! When that coral is happy in your tank it will grow like mad. In 3 months time you will have a nice sized colony.

You aren't kidding. I'm just shy of having this thing in my tank 3 months now and here's the shot from tonight...

img_933027_0_37d2deeb06ef0a7e098f0390468a96a4.jpg

Definitely a fast growing little bugger when you look at the first pictures. Here's the first shot 3 months ago just for comparison...

img_933027_1_4513c70a4a6a6bc931673b04f1de651b.jpg

Great growth. That means you have a healthy tank. Good to see!! I have about 10 frags of that G. Bridsnest. They are starting to really encrust and take off. I'll be clipping them again in no time. I put one tiny frag in my reef. About 3/4" tall, just a twig. It's starting to branch now.

Update. Note the same yellow clown goby in the latest shot as in the previous shots...

img_975556_0_4386b2d544a8742fd8c20fb9a91c7681.jpg

It's been getting a pruning at the top every month or so.

Back
Top Bottom