New Brain (PIC)(UPDATE!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this open brain today, and I was wondering what special care will help along the way?

I have 460w of pc, and I placed it on the sand. Also where it is, there is a moderate flow.

TIA! :wink:

Ok, it is about 1 week later and my open brain has bleached out white. It has been on the bottom substrate since I got it. Also it's little poylps are extended, and it seems healthy. I think I should have acclimated it to the lights, I think. What do you all think, and will it be ok? :|

Before and after pics. Also the after pic looks like it is smaller, but what I did was roll it straight on its rock a few days ago, when I read they can get irritated touching things.

scarecrow singing..... " If I only had a brain....."

very pretty... wish I had the courage to try SW...

Contrary to popular belief, most LPS corals do not like excessive light. They do best in moderate to low lighting. Bleaching is actually quite common in these species as well as short tent plates. Many assume when the color fades it needs more light when in fact it needs less. Darker colors (browning) would mean not enough light.

Best suggestion is move the corals to a more shaded area out of direct light. With PC configurations, the center areas of the tank will be brightest so moving them towards the ends of the tank might just do the trick. If not, then partially under and outcropping.

How's the chem?

Cheers
Steve

Feeding would definately help but stick to finely chopped vitamin fortified foods, nothing large. Other than the color, they look fine.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom