New Bubblebee Kitties!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking online for a catfish for my tank and was going to order some Oilcats, I love them. Bt when I went to the LPS to get some treats for my cats... the lady had got about 20 bumblebees in. She was just taking them out of her QT when I saw them.. Well needless to say.. I got 2 of them, 1 about .5 of an inch, and another about .25 of an inch.

I know they are going to get big but for now they can grow out in my 29 gallon while I finish setting up the 75 and getting it cycling.

1 went MIA already till I saw his head poking out from under the DW lol.

I also found a female Blue LF Danio, this lady always seems to have the famles I want in stock lol, last time she had a female Treadfin, which out of 9 stores no one said they could get the females.

*****Freaking phone! Bumblebees!****

Sorry for the bad pics

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 113
I have some of those! They are amazing! They could live in the 29 if you wanted them to stay!

I've had mine for at least a year and a half and it's only like 2.5 in I'm not sure if they get big.

really? I keep reading that they can get huge like 9-11 inches, or maybe thats the Asian BBs?

That would be cool if they could stay in this tank cause then I could get a school of the oil cats for my 75 =D

Yup that's the asians. They actually get much bigger than that even. The SA's typically won't exceed 3". I have 3 in my 29. I rarely see them. They are always in a cave or under a peice of wood. It's definitely a thrill when they do pop out for a second though. Be sure to feed just before lights out.

I'm after the oil cats as well. From what I hear those make an appearance even less often. Big time hiders. So cute though that I think they are worth it. ;)

I just got rid of mine! I had guppies disappearing and bites out of the fins of one of my female paltys. I caught it in the act of hiding in the plants trying to take a bite out of another platys fin.

Yes wide mouthed catfish won't typically do well with anything that can fit in their mouths.

I love these 2. They where hiding then I walked by the tank last night(I work nights so I stay up on weekends to keep my sleep pattern) and there they where just swimming around, I watched them for about 20 mins, one got stuck in a tuff of dwarf grass lol. the small one was being chased by a snail.. now that was funny to watch

Then they poofed again, till this morning, They where out and about when I 1st turned on the light.

all and all I like the little things, I had given up trying to find them cause no one would ever have them in stock.

I did notice the big one is blind in one eye. I dont know if it happened before or after they got home, he eye is clouded over like it was damaged at one point, I didnt notice it at the store, just might of missed it, he seems to be fine tho, Ill watch him over the next week or two, not like cats need them anyways lol =P

Yes wide mouthed catfish won't typically do well with anything that can fit in their mouths.
I learned that the hard way...... final death toll: 5 or 6 embers and 2 scarlets :(

I love my bumbles. I have 3. Two in one tank and one in another. Had them all for over a year and the only thing that seems to go missing is guppy fry. I even keep dwarf crays in one of the tanks but I built a lot of tiny rock structures for the cray to hide in that are two small for my bumbles.

really bad pic but this is the little BB...

Yes hes sleeping tail up leaning up on the grass lol

the other one was a sleep in the CO2 system.. I moved it up the tank wall so he doesnt ever get stuck in it.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom