New coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
I haven`t had a new coral in awhile so I decided to get me another SPS coral to go with my improved lighting. I got this blue millipora coral. As a matter of fact you can see all three of my SPS corals in this pic.

Attachments

• 100_1532_189.jpg
    100_1532_189.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 65
Very nice millie. If I remember correctly, you only have VHO lighting with lots of actinic? If so, get that millie as high up as you can. They really need lots of light and high flow. What kind of polyp extension are you getting? It should be really "furry" looking.
The orange cap doesn't need near as much light as the millie and would do fine probably anywhere in your tank. I don't see a third one.
Good luck with them. I love SPS's....even tho they can be quite challenging :D

cccapt said:
What kind of polyp extension are you getting? It should be really "furry" looking.

Yes CCCapt it is furry looking. I have 2 50/50 and 2 super actinics VHO`s. The third is the green pavona coral. Thanks for the advice as I`m just starting to do SPS corals and need all the help I can. But yes they are furry and have these white hairs for lack of a better word coming out the tops of each of those arms. Sounds like you have some experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom