New Coral Banded Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang,

I was going to post this in the new aquisitions forum, but nothing goes on there.

I purchased a Coral Banded Shrimp for my tank today. Awsome little guy. already putting the clowns in their place!

My tank is really starting to look like a real SW tank!

:p

I love those! I've been thinking of getting one. I already have a cleaner and a fire shrimp would a coral banded get along with those two?

I don't think so. From what I hear they are rather territorial.

but, I should let someone with more knowlage on CBS to answer that for you.

Eskimo, how big is your tank? I have 2 peps, 2 cleaners, one blood, one pistol and one CBS in a 72 gal. The CBS does not bother anyone in the tank. He even cleans my copperband butterfly. I added it last, that may have something to do with it.

Ya'll talking about the CBS - all white (larger) or the one with the yellow band (smaller)? Started a thread a couple of days ago trying to find out the diff between the two - as far as which plays nicer. I had been led to believe by my LFS that the larger, all white one could be quite destructive.

Which one ya'll talkin' about?

I purchased the white and red one. (no yellow and red ones have ever been available in my area.)

The one I purchased is still quite small though. only 1 or 2 inches from claw to tail.

My first shrimp was a CBS. Since then I have added 3 peps, and 2 cleaners, they get along fine. :wink:

Congrats on the new addition RS!!! :D

I just uploaded a photo to my gallery. hopefully it gets approved soon.

Its the best photo from my tank I have taken yet! :D

Back
Top Bottom