New Coral Beauty Angel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello gang,

Well, Yesterday was originally going to be Royal Gramma day, but the Royal Gramma I had found was looking pretty freaked out, And I doubt it would have done very well in my community tank.

But, there is good news, Because another pet store I frequent had just got a new shipment in yesterday and in that shipment was a very beautiful Coral Beauty Angel.

Now I know what your going to say. "But Matt, I thought you wanted a reef tank." Well, thats true. But there is no gaurentee that that my new Angel WILL eat corals. (I like to gamble.) And I am hoping that by the time I start to introduce corals, he will be completely off of that behavior. He is still young, so we will see.

The fish itself is Georgous! The prettiest CB angel I have seen yet. (and I have been looking for the right one for MONTHS.) Its blue and orange is very vivid. There is a good amount of blue around its mouth and nose as well. His belly is a very bright orange, and all of its colors are well defined and bright. His stripes are also very dark, and an interesting feature is a large dark spot near the back of his head which I have never seen so pronounced on a CB angel. Perhaps someone can help me identify the region he came from by this marking?

He was still in the shipping bag when I got him so there was no threat of contamination from the pet store water, and the stress of going through an acclimation peorid just to be rebagged and have to do it again was not a concern. His body is also very clean and parasite free.

As soon as I get pics, I will post them.

I think it depends on the fish. I've never really had a problem with mine in my reef. I see it pick once in a while but it has never done any damage. I did loose my dr mac staghorn and seen the fish picking at it alot. Perhaps it's the taste of sps' they like? Either way, it's a good choice. I love mine. Congrats on your new addition!

Back
Top Bottom