New Coral pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here are some new pictures of my corals under leds! Took pictures and used auto white balance to fix them up. They still look better in person, but this is better than nothing! Mostly zoanthids, but an acan as well looking a bit mad. (I woke them up to get pictures).

Pics go like this: Top left are unknown zoanthids. Top right is some "radioactive" something zoanthid.
Bottom left are red people eaters + a sexy shrimp. Bottom right are some "candy apple" zoanthids.
Matt

Attachments

• unknown zoanthids 2.jpg
    unknown zoanthids 2.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 147
  • radioactive zoanthids 2.jpg
    radioactive zoanthids 2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 323
  • RPE + sexy shrimp.jpg
    RPE + sexy shrimp.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 76
  • candy apple zoanthids 1.jpg
    candy apple zoanthids 1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 352
Acan and an "alien eye" favia.
More to come when my other corals stop acting like emos. :-D

Attachments

• acan 1.jpg
    acan 1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 60
  • favia 1.jpg
    favia 1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 63
I see some radioactive dragon eyes, some eagle eyes, i agree on the people eaters, but in that second pic.. could you get a better picture of those? Without actinics on? Or are those under LED's? They... kind of look like some type of hornets from that picture.

Thanks guys, they are doing well under the leds.

Zer0-I dont think I have any hornets, but here is abother picture. They are under leds and fluoresce crazy.

Also added some more corals. Fire and ice zoas and some other unknown zoas.

Also added an acropora picture from my 20g tank (t5s). Its an ORA borealis thats been growing for a few months now.

Matt

Attachments

• radioactive zoanthids 1.jpg
    radioactive zoanthids 1.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 287
  • borealis acropora ORA 1.jpg
    borealis acropora ORA 1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Fire and Ice Zoas 1.jpg
    Fire and Ice Zoas 1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 187
  • palythoa 2.jpg
    palythoa 2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 64
Borealis is one of the last corals on my wish list, super nice!
I have recently found I get great results if you shoot your camera in RAW format, once you bring them into photoshop/similar, its super easy to adjust the white balance with no loss of data. Everything looks great! FTS soon?

Borealis is one of the last corals on my wish list, super nice!
I have recently found I get great results if you shoot your camera in RAW format, once you bring them into photoshop/similar, its super easy to adjust the white balance with no loss of data. Everything looks great! FTS soon?

Yeap, the borealis is nice and has nice large polyps. The largest of all my SPS corals. ORA makes a good coral!

Im dying to get one of those hawkins acros so bad. Either no one has it, or its crazy expensive! :-(

Maybe I will gift myself a mini colony when I graduate with my EE degree!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom