New Coral...what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJMS86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All..just got this at a LFS in Miami...and not sure what it is. The store owner told me it was a pink lettuce coral and it would do fine in my little tank and easy to care for. I looked online for pictures to try to help with id...but couldn't find a picture that looked like mine. Does anybody know what it is and could you tell me how to care for it ..if you know or have one.
My concern is that it might not do well because I only have lighting that came with tank...
Thanks for the help!!!

Attachments

• 100_7073.jpg
    100_7073.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 75
What is the wattage and output type (t8, t12, t5, LED, metal halide) of your lights. If it is stock (regular fluorescent, t8 ) no coral would survive.

It really does look like a pink lettuce coral to me. But the lobes are too fleshy it's probably something else.

I agree it is dyed and I would return it. Unless the seller doesn't realize what he is selling (highly doubt it), he should have informed you before purchase.

Update

Just an update...I did return the "hot pink" dyed coral...last Monday...she took it back with no hassles > I exchanged it for the LR with red/green stripe mushroom coral...which seems to be doing well in my tank so far.
Thanks for the input...very helpful info!! :)

Back
Top Bottom