New Corals!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda_marie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I already had a few corals in my tank but I placed and order for a few more and they came in today. The LPS corals from the order I received will be the first LPS corals in my tank and I'm pretty excited about it.

These photos were taken after they were added to my tank directly after acclimation. I was in a rush to get out the door so the pictures are not the best plus I know it will take a little time for some to really open up. However, I am excited about my new additions and wanted to share a couple pictures I got. They were purchases as WYSIWYG and I believe I got pretty good prices.

Zoas, that obviously haven't opened yet.
img_2328281_0_8504e0287cb2be2678e247f1e35d9268.jpg

This is the WYSIWYG photo, I looked forward to seeing them fully opened. I love pink and am so happy to have finally gotten some pink zoas.
img_2328281_1_e0a4484a74fa30212e1c5b5dc61f2f58.jpg

Australian Rainbow Lobophyllia (photo from my tank,not the best)
img_2328281_2_d55fcac6fe60514957fa1cd98802de95.jpg

WYSIWYG photo
img_2328281_3_a7712a7fe15032f56634a0d008fb35f8.jpg

Australian Trachyphyllia brain
img_2328281_4_e79d1085be0a8e69f05a0cbe579a5bdf.jpg

Branching Hammer
img_2328281_5_223af8817ca64353db7eb8f512d54ced.jpg

I had been wanting a hammer (or similar) coral for a while and I'm really happy with this piece. For the number of heads I believe I got a good price at only $30. It also had opened up more in the aclimation bucket but closed back up when I moved it into the tank.

I also ordered what was labeled as Blatomussa merletti but with its size, being in a rush, and that it hadn't opened, I didn't get a picture. I'll add one once I'm able to get one along with better photos of the others.

The names I posted with these pictures are what they were labeled as when I purchased them. If any seem incorrect, let me know. Being new to this, I can't be a hundred percent certain the labeled names are all right.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

I would have never thought getting corals would have ever excited me this much before :lol:

Thank you! I am excited to see the zoas and hammer fully opened.

I'm very happy with my purchase and am even happier because I feel like the prices were really good.

I actually got them from a store on ebay. I had no knowledge of the store beforehand, I just came across some of the corals they offered when searching through ebay. I continued to their store and found quite a few I liked. With the prices and their positive review I figured I'd go for it, even though I felt like I was taking a bit of a chance.

But I have to say I was impressed. It was shipped out the same day I ordered, arrived the next. Each coral was triple bagged, in a container similar to a styrofoam box, and with a heat pack included.

Heres a link

LPS, MUSHROOMS items in Woo's Aquatics store on eBay!

Now that the corals have had a little more time I wanted to post a couple more pictures that I was able to get.

img_2329838_0_d163a059bdc9d6b82aba77ae80ad3aa5.jpg

img_2329838_1_f8a460f20290a2008ae13e5955dd8e9c.jpg

img_2329838_2_00d5c20b06ec58ca34e834008ec049b7.jpg

img_2329838_3_2bd57a67ce82f49e3e6849ff9062ae07.jpg

img_2329838_4_bec92a695aecf6182324bf53a5d5b015.jpg

Did they charge 39 per shipped item or bundle them and only one time charge for shipping?

Did they charge 39 per shipped item or bundle them and only one time charge for shipping?

People usually ship one rate even if you buy multiple pieces unless you order enough that it calls for a second or larger box to ship in.

Yes this is true but I also did something similar to this site and the charged 32 per coral x 4. All of it came in one box too. That's why I am asking...

Yes this is true but I also did something similar to this site and the charged 32 per coral x 4. All of it came in one box too. That's why I am asking...

I would have definitely called them and raised hell until I got a refund on the shipping. Atleast credit on their site.

Yeah no number or way to get a hold of them as they only had the eBay site. I was pretty upset and made sure to write Abbas review for each item I bought.

It was $39 for the first and $2 for each additional coral.

Little more and different on the shipping than I've spent before but these corals are honestly in the best condition out of all the orders I've placed so far. I also believe I got really good prices on them all, just from browsing corals on other sites an based on their sizes too. Could be wrong, as I'm relatively new to this hobby.

Palys $15
Trachy $40
Branching Hammer $30 (5 heads)
Lobo $25
Blasto $8.50 (don't have a picture I've taken of these yet)

Nice! Yeah some great prices, I am gonna be looking into them for sure, glad to hear that don't go crazy on shipping cost.

Nice! Yeah some great prices, I am gonna be looking into them for sure, glad to hear that don't go crazy on shipping cost.

Yeah shipping is what can get you, thats for sure. I wish I had a LFS around me that actually carried more than a couple zoa rocks and such. I didn't think their shipping was too bad and with their prices on the coral I figured it being a little higher than it seems most sites are for shipping it was worth it.

Definitely recommend them and I won't hesitate to order from them again. All corals are still doing great. I do wish that had more of a selection, not bad, just not huge.

Hammer is opened up even more today

Attachments

• image-1822467135.jpg
    image-1822467135.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 61
I know what you mean about pricing. Corals look great.

Just wanted to mention the seller I purchased the corals pictured in this thread is having a sale, 10-20% off. I just purchased a couple more pieces and will post pictures of them here when they arrive.

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to make an order soon on that note

Back
Top Bottom