New corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ordered some corals from The Logical Reef, not Zoanthids.

I am so jazzed! Ordered a blue polyp M. Cap and an Octobubble, and some green star polyps (I didn't include the star polyps pic because they haven't opened yet).

As you can tell I was so excited I didn't wait for the Octobubble to fully inflate. the M. Cap will be located in a different spot tomorrow, didn't want to shock it, love the little polyps on it.

Hope you like them.:D

Great corals!! Love the M. cap!!

GWIW, I would move the octobubble off the sand bed and into the rock workk, they are not naturally found on the sand bed and granules of sand could irritate the flesh causing infection.

Ok thanks Kevin, wasn't sure about that, now I've got to figure out where to put it, got a hammer at one end and anchor on the other, don't want a fight, plus an acro above it.

I'll have to figure out something, thanks for the advice, didn't read that anywhere, glad I read it here :D

here's the GSP, looks sparse but not all the polyps are out yet, I know it won't be long and it will be nice and full.

A few thoughts on the GSP...isolate it. Put it somewhere where it can't spread to the other rocks in the tank. I would pay money for something that would eat mine, they are taking over. :mrgreen:

LOL thanks, but we are hoping it will spread to the other rocks, it's in the 5 gallon and well we aren't planning on doing a lot of corals in that tank, just something that will add some color. :D

Becareful what you wish for :twisted: I had GSP (although a different species than the one I have now) in my old reef and they never bothered anything, these that I have now are insipid!!

A few thoughts on the GSP...isolate it. Put it somewhere where it can't spread to the other rocks in the tank. I would pay money for something that would eat mine, they are taking over.

If you figure it out, kevin - let me know! I still kick myself for the day I decided to put star polyps and mushrooms in the tank. It's been an ongoing battle for well over a year now. Hate the stuff! 8O

Dang I wish I had that problem....I can't seem to get my Ricordeas to spread at all..I'll take some GSP off your hands? :lol:

Tim..as soon as I figure out how to peel this stuff off this AC rock with all the crags and no smooth surfaces at all...I'll be happy to give you some.

Back
Top Bottom