New crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandj1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone its been a long time since my last post but I've been lurking about, and all my tanks are doing fine. I just brought home a new crayfish and I was wondering how if you guys could help me find out what species he is(my lfs just had him labeled baby lobster)!! Thanksuploadfromtaptalk1428356591661.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428356867905.jpg

Orange dwarf crayfish. That's my best guess. Beware with crayfish in community tanks. Either fish fins will get nipped or he will be a fish snack. Give him hiding places.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yea I read that may happen there's lots of caves and hiding places in that tank, and his diet will be met, so hopefully he won't eat anyone. I'll post some better pics of the little guy later. When he adjusts fully to his new home.

Nope no under gravel filtration, hob filters, with intake grills to keep little ones out of the filter

Here we go all acclimated and exploring his new home, this is Jambalayauploadfromtaptalk1428367099638.jpg

Cool little guy =) I just got a few myself last week. They are dark blue or brown. Funny enough they're commonly called cajun crayfish since you've named yours jambalaya lol. That orange color looks quite stunning!

Crayfish are great ! Would love to set up another tank but I'm afraid of him eating the other fish in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom