new discus feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmckinney0727

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
31e4ea8b45b9dcf351ca6fb12b2af066.jpg

So I got these 2 guys from a friend of a co-worker a little over a week ago. I figured it would take awhile for them to eat, but it's been 9 days, and I haven't been able to get the top eat, at least not that I've seen. I've tried blood worms, frozen beef heart, as well as soaking both of those in garlic guard...still nothing.

The red melon(~4") seems to be swimming around just fine, is adventurous and not as shy as the other one(~3") who mostly hides in the corner behind my algae magnet.

i known discus like bigger groups, so I have a white diamond being held for me at the LFS until next payday so I can pick him up.

any advice on what to do? I'm new to discus, but have been keeping other tropical fish for quite some time. thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

nothing other than what I've tried. I've tried dimming the lights for a couple days, blood worms, beef heart, soaking both of those in garlic. could they have some sort of internal parasite?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom