New Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegosh

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked this Mopani driftwood up last week. Boiled it for over 8 hours and let it soak for a few days. It sank right away and hardly leeched any tannins after boiling. I attached some Java Moss to it, it has taken hold of the wood just in the past three days.

Out of water:
12085-albums125-picture2985.jpg

In the tank:
12085-albums125-picture3062.jpg

More pictures are in my album:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/12085-albums125.html

I absolutely love this piece!

funky, I like it! The only LFS near me that has this stuff only has it in enormous pieces that cost a bundle. Nice pickup.

This was originally $10 but was on sale for $4.99, I could not pass it up. All the other stores sell like 5" pieces for $15+, sounds like the LFS you are talking about.

Love it!! Im in dire need of driftwood and planning to pick some up come the first of next month. I havn't searched for fish shops around the area, I just planned on buying off the net since I have a 5 week old and live in the worst area for wreckless stupid get off the road drivers.
(thatpetplace.com) has a selection of this same kind of driftwood. Couldn't tell you if the price is decent..(im not to concered myself about driftwood price, I just want some. Well, I mean as long as it's not outragoues!)

Back
Top Bottom