new dwarf flags!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
they currently reside in the 75 with two oscars. they ARE NOT chased and they get plenty of food access even with their new buddies lol. they are unbelievably cute! the female is a bit resistant to the males masculine charms, but he'l win her over he's a stunner
Photo0537.jpg
the male, he has great colouring, and a wierdly pink belly at times... i always thought that was a girl thing but there is very little chance this is a girl ha!
Photo0558.jpg
the female, she has mildly deformed mouth but is still really sweet. and seems to be the one to swim right up to the oscars and chill with them most!
Photo0570.jpg
a blurry photo of them together calmly. doesnt happen often as he'l start flirting straight away!

these were my early xmas prezzie from my best mate!! thanks :D

thanks everyone!!

HN1 i fully agree with you on that, but im almost curious as to whats WRONG with the oscars ha... they dont bat an eyelid at the flags, OR at the zebra and auratus juvies when they were in.
iv given them a ton of shelter that the oscars can't get to, and i hand deliver food so it isnt stolen on the way down!

can i ask though... do they look like male and female or two males? xxx

I can't really tell their genders from the pics. They look really similar until they settle in well.

apparantly they are Redbreasted Dwarf Flag cichlids... so that explains the red chests. but determining sex apparantly is hard... can u even vent these guys at an inch? thanks :) x

They are Laetacara dorsigera. Common names are far too variable for most fish. I wouldn't worry about sexing them immediately. They will show you as they mature.

Back
Top Bottom