New dwarf guorami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HalfMoon B

Aquarium Advice Addict
Scored a free 16 gallon bow front aquarium on craigslist today that was BRAND NEW IN BOX (THANK YOU garage sale!)
And stopped at petco on the way home for stocking ideas.
Poor guorami was in a tank with platys who were trying to nip him unmercifully.
Told the staff that I was rescuing him, and got him for free!!
Will pot a pic once he is set up after transferring all the substrate and filter media from my 10 gal. (hello hospital tank!!)

Looks to be a half breed, almost blue/opaline?
I really only know a LITTLE about Gouramis is besides their relationship/temperament to bettas

[edit] not blue....what was I thinking... Fire/opaline...

I have a spare filter that is seeded. Been running it on my 30 gallon for a hospital tank, but its his now! Insta-cycle!
Incidentally... Anyone know how guoramis do with harlequin rasboras and shrimp?

Can anyone give me an ID to him?
Not the BEST pic (coloring only basically,, but all I can do for now...

Attachments

• image-1623607227.jpg
    image-1623607227.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 145
He looks like a dwarf to me . I have a male and female betta in a 36 g bow with dwarf gouramis and they are great together . Some people will tell you differently but I think the temperament depends on the individual fish although some breeds are naturally more aggressive then others . I believe that it also depends on how good of a habitat they are in. If there's lots of plants and hiding spaces they feel more comfortable .

He is a dwarf. Just can't tell his parentage.
Here. He posed. Lol

Attachments

• image-811834238.jpg
    image-811834238.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 140
maybe a dwaf fire gourami and a neon blue dwarf gourami?

I have a spare filter that is seeded. Been running it on my 30 gallon for a hospital tank, but its his now! Insta-cycle!
Incidentally... Anyone know how guoramis do with harlequin rasboras and shrimp?

Congrats on the new dwarf gourami :)! I have 2 red fire dwarf gouramis with 6 harlequin rasboras in a 60 gallon tank now. They all seem to get along together well. I haven't had any experience with shrimp though so I can't help you there. Have fun with the dwarf gourami :).

He is in with some danios from one of my other tanks. And everyone seems to be staying towards the bottom....
DEFINITELY need some tall plants! Lol

They will be just fine. It'll take about a day or two for them to get "Aquainted" but they will be just fine. I have 2 DG and 2 Neon blue DG. Love 'em :)

Not even joking, but I came home to find my mystery snail stuck in the filter intake. He perished sometime today, unable to get his syphon out of the intake...how WEIRD is that?
At least I caught it before he fouled the water :( RIP

Not even joking, but I came home to find my mystery snail stuck in the filter intake. He perished sometime today, unable to get his syphon out of the intake...how WEIRD is that?
At least I caught it before he fouled the water :( RIP
that sucks:(

Back
Top Bottom