Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-05-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
New Eel

I bought this guy about three weeks ago but waited to post him til I was sure he was gonna make it. He was, and still is very thin and very lazy. (He's more active now) It took me almost two weeks to get him to eat and now he's eating like a horse. I think he has alot of catching up to do. He's about 18" long but under an inch in thickness. Now that he's eating, I hope he catches up quickly. He's housed with a banded moray that is half his size and twice as thick. lol Anyway, this guy is a freshwater/brackish moray, sometimes referred to as a fw snowflake eel, who is fully acclimated to marine. He stays hidden all the time and I only ever see about two inches of him at feeding time. Now that I have him eating well, maybe I'll try to trick him out with food for better pictures. Here is a pic of him the day I got him. You can see his head is actually thicker than his body. If anyone has any good reference sites for this fish, please send them my way. I didn't find much info on them.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
cool! I had read that these start out as brackish but go to full salt as adults. Very interesting fish!
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com