Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
I'm very sorry to inform you but your symptoms of Multiple Tank Syndrome has gotten worse.

Caleb
Caleb nooooooo I am not ready to hear this diagnosis!!!

Old 06-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Autumn Sky

I think we'll watch her for a few hours and go from there should we decide to plunk her in the tank... We figured it would be a hit or miss. We have a male guppy, a bn pleco, some harlequin rasboras, and some amano shrimp we are most concerned about.... either her harassing them or the shrimp harassing her perhaps. Then we have our pygmy and 1 habrosus catfish & two panda cories. They should be fine with her, I dunno about her with them, though, especially the pygmies.... they're kinda lazy :P

We saw some "King Bettas" at PetCo a few times; today when we were at the lfs briefly to get some cat food, hubby was talking to the fish guy, and asked him if he'd ever had or heard of a King Betta. He had not, but after hubby described what they looked like, he led hubby over to this tank with what indeed looked like the "King bettas" we'd seen at PetCo, and a pretty betta was in there. He is huge! The fish guy said he was a wild-caught or wild-like betta. So either he's a huge male plakat, actually wild-caught, or a huge female. :P

Of course, we want this pretty boy too... he leaped out of his little bowl that he was for sale in one day at the fish store and he scooped him up and put him the bigger display tank, and he's been happy as a clam (har har) for a few months now. Where the heck are we going to put a 10g tank? We are literally out of places to put a fish tank.

And we'd feel bad putting the big betta in the 10g that our blue male crowntail is in (he's a pretty big fish too, but not as big as this guy!) and taking him out and putting him into a smaller tank. The crowntail loves that tank and uses all of it!

Hubby is worse than I am with MTS! He keeps wanting more fish! Of course, every time we go to PetCo, I pick one or two (Betta) out.... fall in love with one.... Hubby first suggested we get some fish or a betta last year.... and that's what started all this.... and we both LOVE bettas... and want a lot of them....

Old 06-25-2015, 01:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Tank stands with two tank positions. Or for the real enthusiast, a Gorilla shelf. I haven't used it yet but the spray from (I think) Rustoleum, has a hydrophobic treatment which might be great for the wood to not be damaged by the water. I understand some restaurant wire racks are capable for some heavy weight.

I love them too!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Autumn

Very sadly, this sweet little female passed away last night :'(
Old 07-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post
Thanks Autumn

Very sadly, this sweet little female passed away last night :'(

Oh no! Why? That's so sad. At least now you can bring a new beautiful betta into your home. Sorry for your loss :'(

~ExoticAquarist, signing out
Old 07-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
Oh no! Why? That's so sad. At least now you can bring a new beautiful betta into your home. Sorry for your loss :'(

~ExoticAquarist, signing out
Thank you! It is sad... I loved that little fish...

Maybe... we don't want a betta in anything smaller than a 5g any more but we might put someone in this smaller tank, or try to sell it. It's 2.5g and it's long.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:18 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So sad for your loss.

The little gals are easy to love because they have so much personality, even if they are in your life for a short time. It was a grand time though and better than dying in a little cup.

As for the tank, Dwarf shrimp. (2.5G) You can get pretty nice quality cherry shrimp for around a buck each and so cute. Great to have near a chair to really see their little world up close.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you Autumn.

I buried her today. I should have the next morning (yesterday) but I didn't have the heart to...

I am thankful she didn't die in a cup at *chainstore*. She was so beautiful. I never got a picture of her when she was with us She was so cute.... I was so thrilled to have her. Hubby picked her out, said look at this little female, and I wanted to get her her and he did to so we found this tank and.... kajsdfljadlkfjald.

They are and they do...

I love the cherries but we had a disaster with them because the tank we put them in was not mature at the time and they all died within a week. we had 6 of them or 8. So I dunno how they'd do in a 2.5g that is nearly impossible to cycle. :/

Tags
betta, female, female betta, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com