Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

New female betta.

Last night we adopted a small female betta. She's beautiful. Purply colors and mostly whiteish fins.

She's in a 2.5 g Deep Blue tank that is made for 5 Bettas (shiver). No heater yet as the one we got wasn't fully submersible like we thought it was, but the water temp is holding steady around 74.

I tested her water in her cup (got her from a chain store) and despite looking clean, ammonia was about 2ppm

I'll post a pic when I can.

We're interested in doing a sponge filter maybe, as this tank is long and not too tall. I know nothing about sponge filters.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

She's having a grand ol' time swimming back and forth the length of the tank. We went with the Deep Blue 2.5 g tank vs the Aqueon 2.5g tank because the Deep Blue one is longer and nice for a betta to swim a longer distance

I love this little fish! She's so curious and I just love her!

Old 06-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ive wanted a betta for a long time! Good luck!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out
Old 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

1. I have a betta named Galaxie who looks like a galaxy. I suggest getting 2.8 as they are cheap and have more sufficient space.

2. Are you looking for suitable tank mates?
Old 06-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Call the doctor! Dragon has hit the next stage of MTS!

Would love to see a pic!

Caleb
Old 06-24-2015, 01:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
Ive wanted a betta for a long time! Good luck!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out
I love them, they're great!!!
Thanks
Old 06-24-2015, 01:57 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDiamondNekoXx View Post
1. I have a betta named Galaxie who looks like a galaxy. I suggest getting 2.8 as they are cheap and have more sufficient space.

2. Are you looking for suitable tank mates?
Very nice

Well we already bought this one :p. She's pretty small. I wouldn't want to put a betta too much bigger than her in it. We like bigger for Bettas but are running out of space. She resides on our table at the moment lol.

As for tank mates, we're debating putting her in our 20g community high tank. We just don't want her to get nippy w our male guppy or the pleco or the shrimp (or the shrimp go after her!) or anyone else in the tank.

If we do plunk her in, we'll watch closely for a few hours and stand by with a net...

What do you think??
Old 06-24-2015, 01:59 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Call the doctor! Dragon has hit the next stage of MTS!

Would love to see a pic!

Caleb
Nooooo what is this next stage you speak of??!!??!!??

I hope to get one soon! iPod usually takes crappy pics and I can't get good fish pics w my real camera (never tried yet but I have a feeling). She's beautiful. Adorable little girl.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:28 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post
Nooooo what is this next stage you speak of??!!??!!??

I hope to get one soon! iPod usually takes crappy pics and I can't get good fish pics w my real camera (never tried yet but I have a feeling). She's beautiful. Adorable little girl.

I'm very sorry to inform you but your symptoms of Multiple Tank Syndrome has gotten worse.

Caleb
Old 06-24-2015, 04:10 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Always a gamble. One of the meanest fish I had was a female Betta. Though I had one named (Ruby) Pearl and she just thought she was the busy boss of the top of the tank...

This corner is mine stay away, now this corner is mine outta my way, then, oh what are you doing there, what's going on here?

Pearl was feisty and fun to watch adding a great big burst of personality to the community tank.

She acted like she was charging the other much less brains Guppies and occasional Tetra, chasing them but the Guppies were too dense to notice she was trying to chase them off.

The mean one tried to killed anything near her and I don't mean acting curious. She killed her female tank mates. I didn't know any better and was told they could all be together. Most beautiful moss green color and nice pattern. She was changed to her own space after that incident.

So depends on size of tank and the fish personality. Also when they are small sometimes males look like a female, but they really aren't a female. Just a word of caution. I had that happen too.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, female, female betta, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com