New female betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

Just got me a new female betta for my 30 gal! I saw her at the lfs and she was the last one in the tank, so I felt sorry for her and took her home. She's still looking a bit beat up from being at the lfs, but she'll recover. And I know i should qt her, but I don't have the means to do so :?

Here's a picture! Any ideas for names? I was thinking of naming her after my ex-girlfriend, but how would I explain that to a new girlfriend that will come around :twisted: ?

Attachments

• female_betta_202.jpg
    female_betta_202.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 748
pretty little girl! I love female bettas.

Name her Lucy, becuase when I saw the picture I thought "lucy in the sky with diamonds" ... hehe, I'm a music junkie. :roll:

Update:
I got her to eat today. I tried some flakes yesterday, but she didn't take them. Today I tried some frozen bloodworms and she just couldn't pass up on them :twisted:. She ate maybe 10 bloodworms! (The rest of them were happily taken by my keyhole cichlids) She must have been starved eating that much.
She's hanging out at the top half of the time, the other half she's still exploring the tank.
Looks like she will be fine in there :D

Sorry smallfry, Gweniviere is too hard to translate to dutch. But good thought though. Now if only I had a king Arthur for her.... :wink:

I think I'm going to refer to her as: Lucy :wink:

Kewl, didn't remember this: little update, she's doing great, looks very pretty, all of her finage is beautifull now. I'll post a pic when I get a chance this weekend. :D

Hi Billsgate,
I can't wait to see a new pic! Lucy is gorgeous in the first picture, and since she has been in your good care for a month now, her colors are probably even more spectacular!

Voila, here she is again, I don't see too much difference with the original picture, except that this one is darker, and that her fins are nicer. Still a pretty gal though :p

Attachments

• lucy_after_1_month.jpg
    lucy_after_1_month.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom