New Female Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bidgette

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought 2 females for my tank. They're pretty cool......Bubba was scared at first! Wouldn't come out of the java moss in the corner for nearly an hour!

Named'em Brunhilda and Cissy.

Bubba and Cissy

2997232970_bf08a55489.jpg

Brunhilda

2996422175_b7e95450b2.jpg

Cissy

2997257064_03f6184af8.jpg

They're fine! Bubba finally calmed down.....he had to bristle up some, just to make up for being such a coward at first! lol

The girls like the moss, and stay in different parts of the tank. Brunhilda is probably the shyest so far.

Has Starbuck eaten yet?

Yea, Bubba's the dark blue betta in the top pic. I've had him almost a year now, and he's been really cool to watch. He's a pretty calm guy.

I just bought a crown tail from Psmart for my office. I'll have to post pics of him. I broke down and brought his small aquarium home today. I don't know what's going on with him at work. Monday, everything was hunky-dory, and then today, his bowl was so cloudy and slimy i could barely see him!

He has an underground filter, and I did a % partial water change on Friday before I left for the weekend. I've been careful to not feed more than he'll eat in a couple of minutes, so I'm kinda bummed.

At least at home, I have water, and the means to tend him pretty closely to see what's going on. He has a TOTALLY different attitude than Bubba. I've named him Reggie, cause he's got Gorgeous red fins! (I'm sooooo original!) LOL

It's generally not recommended to keep male and female bettas together as tankmates. They can be quite rough with each other. When breeding, they are introduced and then separated. If they aren't "courting", or ready to, they can still get very aggressive toward each other so be very careful. Bubba may have the type of personality that can co-exist with females. Every fish is different, but be watchful of them.

Oh yea, I'm watchin'em like a hawk! I'll separate if there's any issues, but so far, I think I've been pretty lucky.

Thanx

Back
Top Bottom