New Filter for 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCr8zy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a canister filter for my new 55 gallon tank. I want a filter that is meant for aquariums around 100 gallons. I'm looking at the fluval 406 and the Marineland PC-ml160 Multi-stage Canister Filter. I am open to any other suggestions for canister filters. Does anybody have any advice on the fluval or marineland? :)

I have a 55g tank and I have a fluvel 306 canister filter I've had no problems with it seems to do the job so a fluvel 406 should be ok or they do a digital canister filter

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a canister filter for my new 55 gallon tank. I want a filter that is meant for aquariums around 100 gallons. I'm looking at the fluval 406 and the Marineland PC-ml160 Multi-stage Canister Filter. I am open to any other suggestions for canister filters. Does anybody have any advice on the fluval or marineland? :)

I heard that these aquaclear's are awesome !
http://amzn.to/11cJrDF

And they are super affordable and customizable media ! You could run 2 to get more circulation and filtration .

I have a 55g tank and I have a fluvel 306 canister filter I've had no problems with it seems to do the job so a fluvel 406 should be ok or they do a digital canister filter

I heard that u should get a filter meant to filter about twice as much as the number of gallons ur tank really is.

I've been shopping for a canister for my 55g myself..endlessly trolling pages for a clear view of all the pros and cons. Im on a budget so i cant afford ehiem or marineland. I've decided for the sunsuns (75g) and a good strong powerhead with a sponge. Check ur local craigslist and ebay. Ebay has them about 55 w/o shipping. Hope this helps!

I have a 55 gallon FW with a Fluval 406 - i love it, of course I have only had it three months.

I replaced the carbon with other biomax and sponge but that is up to you, extremely easy to set up and get going. IMO very quiet.

I have a Fluval 206 on my 29 gallon and its very good also.

Back
Top Bottom