New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishalicious

Aquarium Advice Freak
Added a gold nugget today :) He's very VERY beautiful and I really don't think I've seen a gold nugget as vibrant as he is. A little shy but he needs some breaking in. He's already claimed his territory on the inside of the lava rock. Every once and a while he'll be caught grazing the gravel but once he notices me he quickly swims back to his territory.

I called my LFS yesterday and ordered 3 boesemani rainbows but they didn't come in :( I was told that they were short on them but he got the nugget I wanted and I couldn't of hand picked one better myself.

In addition to the plec, I added an Aqua Clear 500 to work with my Emperor 400 for ultra superior mega filration of DOOM!! hahaha the danios dont enjoy all the currents I dont think. They haven't split up in about 3 hours. I think they'll have to get used to it.

And for media, I have carbon in the AC500, one of the media slots in the Emperor 400 has black diamond carbon and the other will soon have purigen. I think my water is going to be verrrrrrry very clean (with w/c's too of course)

Just thought I'd share :)

I will post pics ASAP. I dont own a digital camera (I will soon though). I'll borrow my sisters and take some updated tank pics. Hopefully I'll have my rainbows by then!!

BTW, The only thing wrong with him is a little bit of fin damage on the (tail I guess?) It's nothing major, just something that I barely noticed and pointed out to the LFS while inspecting him before purchase. No sunken belly, though! I wanted to know how to fix this or if it will fix on its own. I assume within a few months there should be SOME chance of recovery but I've heard alot about melafix. Only problem is, my QT tank isn't setup yet and it seems kinda pointless to treat the whole tank. Or would it not be? I think two of my danios have slightly damaged fins, too. Would it bother the other fish? Would I have to remove the carbon?

Thanks for the interest
-Dan

Back
Top Bottom