New fish for the Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustOneMore20

Algae Fighter
I added a couple more fish to my reef tank this weekend. I picked up a Canary Blenny and a Firefish. I had planned on adding a Midas Blenny, but my lfs never got any in...so I quit asking and just went with what I could find. The firefish was on sale, so I snatched it up. :)

Here are pics!

Canary Blenny
4169837763_d9b9ba8271.jpg

4169839473_56585df60a.jpg

4170598604_b0dd359090.jpg

Firefish

4170600092_c3826d0834.jpg

4170599034_8ac04ddb36.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah I was afraid of that. A friend recommended I get 2 as well. So far, this guy is out and about....but if he starts to hide, I have no problem going to get another.

I absolutly love your fire fish im trying to get my brother to buy one but he says they are too expensive they are like $100 australian but i also like the beautiful yellow one too

I love the canary. He's considered one of the fang blennys. Hope you kow not to hold him in your bare hand or in the net with your hand surrounding him. Has a nasty bite and it's venemous. Not to worry unless you handle him that way. Its bite is meant for other fish that may try to eat him. Mine never even thought about attacking my hand when it was in the tank.

He's a curious one. I love the way he hovers and checks stuff out. He'll grab a spot in the corner of the tank in the open and sleep there, maybe halfway up the top. Great fish IMO.

Thanks for the info Ray! I had not read about their bite being venomous....so I will definitely be careful with him.

I love how curious he is as well! I haven't put my hand in the tank yet (since I bought him), so it will be interesting to see how he reacts. But just him checking things out in the tank is really cute.

Back
Top Bottom