New fish house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheers B!
Im back for more!

Those plecs are fantastic, they are quick too! Maybe that's why they get called flash plecs!

You know the fish you just couldn't leave behind. . . Well, that happened AGAIN!

TWICE.

Since you're a pleco freak like meee. Check out my latest find. Rio paraguay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434291589962.jpg
    1434291589962.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 87
That's real nice B. Thanks for sharing!:cool:

Can I have it?:whistle:

PLEEEEEEEEZE :D
(I know, I know, where will I keep it?)

They are still my favourite family of fish. . . Probably be a few years now before I can get any more plecs:nono:
(Unless either A, I get more tanks. Or B, something goes seriously wrong)

I currently have 5 (oops), I know I have a spare tank!
Hmmm. . . Just, maybe!
:thanks:

So, update.
Something did go seriously wrong. I lost my papa plec. Not happy.
It's been a couple of months now. . . But I'm still gutted.:confused:
(For some unknown reason the tank pH shot to 8.2, but, the glass catfish and LDA 1, are all fine? GH Kh where they should be. . . No other clues? So I don't know what happened except that something killed my fish!)
:facepalm::nono::banghead:

On the plus side,
21177243672_1a6731f11d_z.jpg

4 female betta fish, one of which is not mine! Hopefully between 2 males and 4 females we can successfully breed this species. The plan is to rotate the fish until a pairing occurs. . .(y)
(At least that's the plan!)

Very nice bettas! Hopefully they breed and make even nicer bettas! Sorry to hear about the pleco, but it happens and as long as everything else is fine I wouldn't worry about it. Speaking of pecs, I picked up my first ever yesterday, an amazing BN pleco. I'm tuning in for more pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice bettas! Hopefully they breed and make even nicer bettas! Sorry to hear about the place, but it happens and as long as everything else is fine I wouldn't worry about it. Speaking of pecs, I picked up my first ever yesterday, an amazing BN pleco. I'm tuning in for more pics!

Cheers!
Plecs are my favourite! Even bristlnoses! These are great working fish, they do a better job at algae removal than you, I, or anyone ever could! Welcome to the world of the sucker!

I'm not worried, I did my tests! I'm just gutted because it was a stunning fish that didn't last anywhere near as long as I expected, but cheers, I get what you're saying.(y)

Yeah, there will be more pics. . . :D

Yes, very sorry to hear about your Pleco :(.

Though congrats on the new Bettas!

Thanks, and thanks(y).
It's always sad to lose a fish. More so when you can't work out why!

Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps

Newest addition. Ca. 65mm.
Replacement for the papa plec which died, I'm going back to an old favourite. My last one of these was a stunning and massive fish!
4th October 2015.

I have replaced the papa! With another monster.
I'm calling this fish papa G. Kind of in memory of what should have been(y)

(Or maybe a reference to citizen khan, if you watch that show!):blink:

Read through this thread and wanted to say
NICE!!(y)(y)
I am a little late to the party:angel:.
Definitely following and 11 clown loaches seems to be the magic number(I almost got more today:facepalm:)

Diggin seeing you chime in on fish health threads also.
Funny how the long term fishroom keepers are more 'verse' on fish health issues!:rolleyes:
Cheers J!

Read through this thread and wanted to say
NICE!!(y)(y)
I am a little late to the party:angel:.
Definitely following and 11 clown loaches seems to be the magic number(I almost got more today:facepalm:)

Diggin seeing you chime in on fish health threads also.
Funny how the long term fishroom keepers are more 'verse' on fish health issues!:rolleyes:
Cheers J!

Well done for reading the whole thing, and thanks for saying so!
I do it for me but CHEERS, IM GLAD YOU LIKE MY SHOW. Welcome aboard!
It's all getting a bit crazy but it seems, this is what I do.

11 :lol:, it's true. . . (I keep looking at the little babies for sale, I keep thinking 3 more, I keep saying no! Maybe when I build the next fish house, I'll build a new bigger BIG tank and then maybe get some more, rescue ones maybe?)

Fish health,
It falls on those with experience to help those without. I had to learn as I was fed conflicting info from fish stores. It's like this, the more tanks you have, the more issues you deal with, however minor, it all counts!
Actually this is the reason I joined AA, I had the answer to a problem.
Now I've helped a bunch of people, a bunch of people have helped me, I've met some great people, and apart from one or two incidents it has been a good experience, I've learned even more about Fishkeeping. :thanks:

Fishkeeping is too vast for anyone to know everything!
Together we make a great team.;)

Sweet plec J!

(y)
Cheers, it's almost ready to go in the big tank! See how fast these things grow.
(I will update with pics)

On the "show me your plecs" thread, there is a real nice royal plec. L191.
I'm hoping to acquire one of those but it may be pushing it. . .
(I found some for sale, the end)

Good luck your end. . . (Im waiting for an update on the big Bees fish room!)
(y)

Christmas Update!

What a year of fish keeping!
Loads learned, loads to learn. Some fish losses, some still unexplained.
In the diary for the year, on the first page I wrote, 2015 year of the reef!
Ummm, I got snakes instead!
The his and hers collection (that is we decided to get snakes, it's the only non fish pet that we could agree on).
So for the girls, a beautiful corn snake, named nakoma. (Something about Pocahontas) er it was named by a girl, and for the boys, Monty the python!

These are being kept in the fish house. So I'm losing some tanks but gaining these guys! They are pretty cool, and each, unique.
The python is laid back, still hasn't eaten but he's ok I think? Just a phase.
Doesn't mind being handled!
She is quick! Although she settles down after a minute or so after you first pick her up. Very inquisitive! They both love watching the fish!
Somehow I'm gonna video that!

Happy christmas! Happy holidays!
(y)

Don't let them swim with the fishes!! Numnums

Lolol Monty the Python :ROFLMAO: I literally laughed at that for 3 minutes before typing this!

Yeah man!
Like Monty Python! An homage to a great comedy. . . Thing!
Monty is a cool name! Granted it could have a more sinister snakey name but, well, this type of snake is so docile that anything less than a nice name just wouldn't cut it! Really it's placid!

Python regius

Going, going, gone!

....but seriously, I'd be gutted!

Don't let them swim with the fishes!! Numnums

I'll tell you something, the corn snake is VERY interested in the fish! She watches them Buenos aires tetra like, whoa! Tongue out! Even the clowns, she watches with no fear! Reminds me of the puffer. . .(the figure 8!:whistle:)

The python is interested but not in the same way!
I guess they are dinner?:sleeping::tgv::shocked!:
:D

Wow, you've progressed a lot in 2 years!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom