New fish house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to call her Pocahontas but he wouldn't let me, so I went for the second best! She's a lil cutie though, she's really good when we handle her, although she has a fascination with going up your arm & she's super fast

Typically British! Oh the iROny!

I'll tell you something, the corn snake is VERY interested in the fish! She watches them Buenos aires tetra like, whoa! Tongue out! Even the clowns, she watches with no fear! Reminds me of the puffer. . .(the figure 8!:whistle:)

The python is interested but not in the same way!
I guess they are dinner?:sleeping::tgv::shocked!:
:D

I had a Florida Gartner when I was a wee lad. Fed it feeder goldies.. it was certainly no stranger to sniping fish so.... yah.... watch that snakey with the fishies hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

23907719219_07083829f3_z.jpg
[/url]

I don't even know what I'm looking at but it looks awesome man!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cheers!

Umm I wrote a whole speech about this.
This is my (our) vivarium set up. It is two 4x2 foot vivs.
Outside with the fish. I lost a bit of worktop space, which is equal to one fish tank......
But I gained these!
Snakes are very cool pets, I have loads of pictures to upload......one day!
So it's been a year with snakes, both have escaped once!
Live and learn.
Monty escaped before these were properly set up, he was living in a fish tank with an egg crate lid. He broke free, I found him cold on the floor. After carefully and slowly! Re heating, sounds like a microwave job! (But it was carefully done first acclimatising to ambient air temp, not ambient winter concrete temp as he was found!) he was then placed back into his viv (tank). He made a full recovery!
Nakoma also escaped and went on the run for several days......
She was happy living on summer concrete.
I finally caught her. At first I thought she'd gone out of the door but after leaving mice on the floor (frozen prepped) which disappeared, confirming her presence, she was later caught late at night hunting for food I guess? I think she found a gap and was living in the wall insulation!
I'm glad the building was built without any shed like gaps!
She made a full recovery........
Be careful with snakes! Lessons learned!

Both are growing well, eating more and shedding good clean consistent sheds.

Happy christmas from my family to yours.
Edit, forgot to say, I hope your fish are thriving!
If they aren't, I hope you've found the help you need!

Merry Christmas old friend. Nice to see you back here.

I've never owned a snake but if you want something super venomous let me know. We have plenty in Australia. One or two wouldn't be missed.

On the subject of snakes......

Merry Christmas old friend. Nice to see you back here.

I've never owned a snake but if you want something super venomous let me know. We have plenty in Australia. One or two wouldn't be missed.

I'm glad you're on the other side of the world! Please, keep them.....
I insist!
I mean in the future maybe a hot snake, but I'm not sure I like the idea of that!

33641470561_387e753d6c_c.jpg

23844100942_bfc0f69854_c.jpg

Monty (he's not scary, just yawning/stretching after a nice big mouse)
&
Nakoma! (Who is actually the scarier of the two?)

Finally, my old (and infamous) pair of plecs.
Sorry the pics were rescued from my mums phone!

George and gibbiceps, in the mk1 fish house.
Hypostomus sp. on substrate, and gibbiceps on side wall.

33448761231_fb102e0084_z.jpg

Note the little baby clowns in the rear corner, my how they've grown!

HTML:
Sounds like it's all going well! :)

Yes it is thanks! Hello, hope you're well.
Lost one or two things.....
My Bristlenose died, I'm going with old age. She had a good life.
The betta are gone.
I lost one buenos aires tetra and one glass catfish.

But you know, that's fish keeping. The main contenders are all still thriving.

Now I'm back to 4 tanks full, 5 tanks empty. 2 snakes and a baby!
Still plenty to keep me busy. Oh and a surrogate off site tank, Katie's tank I get involved with, umm, I helped prepare it (drilling stand for filters etc.) 'scape it, fill it and also assist with the water and changes. I'll upload pictures of that build one day, it's a beauty! Nice pro built thing, 6x2x2. The other big tank! I love it, one day it will be mine! (Then I woke up.......)

Hello!
Yes sir, fat healthy females!
The ones I believe to be females are taking on a more carp like appearance.
Which is normal, but you don't often see it as they don't often survive long enough to reach maturity........
It takes a good 8 years, I'd guesstimate the oldest at 14 years, I've had her since may 2005. She tops 8"/20cm. Hurrah!

Thanks for stopping by! :flowers::fish2::whistle:
(y)

Hello!
Yes sir, fat healthy females!
The ones I believe to be females are taking on a more carp like appearance.
Which is normal, but you don't often see it as they don't often survive long enough to reach maturity........
It takes a good 8 years, I'd guesstimate the oldest at 14 years, I've had her since may 2005. She tops 8"/20cm. Hurrah!

Thanks for stopping by! :flowers::fish2::whistle:
(y)
2 or 3 of my clowns are robust also...I have been told to watch them as I have EBA spawning in tank with them to fire everyone up ! They really seem to enjoy being fat and I have only seen posturing a couple times..Still sitting at lucky 11!(y)

?(eba)
Electric blue acara?

Yeah me too! Lucky 11, touch wood. I almost want to sell them so I don't have to witness them die..... But I can't do that!
Yes, I'm sure I've seen spawning activity in my bunch but no joy yet. If it's even likely! It is possible! There is proof! If it happens for me, wow.

Back
Top Bottom