New fish house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big tank is constructed from 12mm glass @ 30kgs per sq metre. The tank max cap is 900 litres. It's is filled with 750 litre water at approx 1Kg per litre and there is approx 1/4 tonne of slate. Tank external dimensions are 1624x850x762mm (LxDxH) two sheets form the bottom layer giving 24mm thickness. It took 6 tubes of silicone to build. The braces are 12mm glass at 100mm deep with the various lengths. It runs normally with two Fluval FX5 filters rated at 2200 LPH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 409
Front elevation.

Tank view from front, 400 litre mark, redress and add some plants and more wood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 268
Electrical installation, all work carried out by me except the critical meter connections, this was carried out by a qualified person, my work was subject to testing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 275
This is key. Me and my girlfriend finally have a zoo room (snakes and fish) a little house would be nice too though. Everything looks great!!

That's how I did it the first time, works like a charm! Every now and then, like abracadabra, new tank!
I was a glazier at the time so work manufactured the panels and I kept on bringing more glass home. :dance:
I considered a Chinese water dragon in this room but I don't have the space.
Not sure if there are any reps that need high temp high humidity and most importantly SMALL enclosures. If I could though! Somewhere I've already stated, "I need more room"
The Chinese dragon would be good though, almost a perfect addition.
I'm not allowed snakes, anything that may want to kill me or the dog is a no!

Green tree python is a sma snake that likes highish temps and lots of humidity. And won't be able to kill you or the dog lol. But they are considered expert care but you can't deny the beauty.

image-2248700388.jpg

Some readers may find this offensive

Green tree python is a sma snake that likes highish temps and lots of humidity. And won't be able to kill you or the dog lol. But they are considered expert care but you can't deny the beauty.

View attachment 206370

I'm glad you posted this, I looked through your pics here and couldn't see a single snake! Lucky you!
Define expert care? I bought my RO unit to keep Oligancistrus L030. Just one fish, although it has proved useful since purchase.
If i think I can manage maybe I can sneak that in too!
My preference on the dragon is, it eats fish, my bichir dealt with that before it died. Maybe not ethical but don't deny a hunter, it also was a good way of weeding runts from numerous batches of corydoras and platies etc.

I'm glad you posted this, I looked through your pics here and couldn't see a single snake! Lucky you! Define expert care? I bought my RO unit to keep Oligancistrus L030. Just one fish, although it has proved useful since purchase. If i think I can manage maybe I can sneak that in too! My preference on the dragon is, it eats fish, my bichir dealt with that before it died. Maybe not ethical but don't deny a hunter, it also was a good way of weeding runts from numerous batches of corydoras and platies etc.

Expert in a way that they have pretty specific requirements, heat, humidity etc. also though they aren't able to eat you they can be rather aggressive and deliver a nasty bite. Lastly they are pretty expensive anywhere from $300 to over $10k

Expert in a way that they have pretty specific requirements, heat, humidity etc. also though they aren't able to eat you they can be rather aggressive and deliver a nasty bite. Lastly they are pretty expensive anywhere from $300 to over $10k

Wow! I'm skint brassick and plain flat broke, my last few grand got me a fish house and i didn't pay for labour, well I paid a bottle of whiskey for services rendered and 2 thank you kindly, I did a free kitchen for a free fish house, back scratching at it's very best!
I'm not bothered about venom free bites! I kept polecats and ferrets as a boy and got bitten regularly. They bit to the bone more than once! I had 3+ for many years! we used them to catch rabbits then my friends mum made rabbit pie!

Wow! I'm skint brassick and plain flat broke, my last few grand got me a fish house and i didn't pay for labour, well I paid a bottle of whiskey for services rendered and 2 thank you kindly, I did a free kitchen for a free fish house, back scratching at it's very best! I'm not bothered about venom free bites! I kept polecats and ferrets as a boy and got bitten regularly. They bit to the bone more than once! I had 3+ for many years! we used them to catch rabbits then my friends mum made rabbit pie!
Their care certainly isn't impossible with dedication and research. I bought my first snake in June of 2011 and had a green tree in August. But for about two months straight me and my girlfriend did lots of research in every aspect of care and decided we could handle it. And over the next two years we added five more snakes and a pluthera of fish tanks. I've got to do a better video of my zoo room soon. You defiantly need to do one of the house. Videos are always nicer than pictures IMO

Their care certainly isn't impossible with dedication and research. I bought my first snake in June of 2011 and had a green tree in August. But for about two months straight me and my girlfriend did lots of research in every aspect of care and decided we could handle it. And over the next two years we added five more snakes and a pluthera of fish tanks. I've got to do a better video of my zoo room soon. You defiantly need to do one of the house. Videos are always nicer than pictures IMO

I own a dslr not a video camera, while it can shoot movies it doesn't really, if you get me. For better quality pictures and more explanation follow the link in autograph below, the quality here is not so good. Don't misinterpret me the site is first class just not for pictures.

Maybe I'll try when I'm fully stocked, I did have a you tube page but video quality sucks, 4tanks2day, if you are interested.

i love green tree pyhtons...scared to get close tho.
cant wait to see pics of the clowns in the new tank

i love green tree pyhtons...scared to get close tho.
cant wait to see pics of the clowns in the new tank

I can't wait to get pics of them either! You can be sure the minute I do they will arrive!
P.s. That's what I like about snakes, overcoming that fear, it's adrenaline rush for ages!

Back
Top Bottom