New fish house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
16841938820_96d463ac9e_c.jpg

17029219595_31c071778c_c.jpg

Hello!
Yes sir, fat healthy females!
The ones I believe to be females are taking on a more carp like appearance.
Which is normal, but you don't often see it as they don't often survive long enough to reach maturity........
It takes a good 8 years, I'd guesstimate the oldest at 14 years, I've had her since may 2005. She tops 8"/20cm. Hurrah!

Thanks for stopping by! :flowers::fish2::whistle:
(y)

Beautiful sight to see a nice group like that!!! I have a friend who has a big bunch. I knew I wanted to have these some day. Have one from someone whose tank it outgrew, then got a buddy to keep it company, but maybe getting 3-4 more to leave room for the other people whose tanks they will out grow. Oh and a bigget tank for the bunch asap.

Thanks for sharing how old they are, I was going to ask!

Nice to see you around here!

It's nice to be back! Cheers. I miss all the fun.......

Glad you like the shoal, and believe me, you're in for a real treat when your shoal hits 6 or more! Absolute madness in a clown like fashion! I still remember when I near doubled my group. Really lovely and it doesn't grow old, even all these years later, nothing quite compares to these fish coming out after dark. I started my bunch like you, 1 then 2, then 5, then 11.

Yes, the older ones are nearly halfway through the predicted wild lifespan! I managed to keep them alive all this time!

It's nice to be back! Cheers. I miss all the fun.......

Glad you like the shoal, and believe me, you're in for a real treat when your shoal hits 6 or more! Absolute madness in a clown like fashion! I still remember when I near doubled my group. Really lovely and it doesn't grow old, even all these years later, nothing quite compares to these fish coming out after dark. I started my bunch like you, 1 then 2, then 5, then 11.

Yes, the older ones are nearly halfway through the predicted wild lifespan! I managed to keep them alive all this time!

Maybe I will just go for 6 total now, or ask around first locally to see how many people want to rehome any. Thanks for the encouragement!

If clowns could get diabetes you'd be in trouble... bunch o fatties haha. What up j?!

Does the video work your end? I'm having trouble getting it to play (assuming it's the iPhone or me here but just in case).

Oh yeah, it says format not supported? Any tech advice please!
The vid is adjacent to the link above so until it's fixed you could look there?

That's interesting, perhaps it's converted into a format apple doesn't like?
I can't play it here on the iPad, D can't play it on the iPhone.
Seems logical, and silly! An iPad video no longer allowed to be played on an iPad.....
Maybe it's run on flash.....I don't think apple like flash, but that's way too techie for me.........(brain smell like burning......)

Back to business!
And yes, it is nice to see! That's the bit that never grows old, they don't swim like ordinary fish, you know rolling and tumbling and all sorts of silly things. It's a bit like the fascination of synodontis sp. (the upside down catfish) they are a joy to watch for similar reasons.

While we are on the subject, this fish stayed with me for about a year in the reef modified tank, so far that tank has had 2 species of synodontis, shrimp, a group of l340 I think? (Or maybe l345) And a shoal of gold pencil fish but never any salt!

33842349752_2e5dc32633_z.jpg
[/url]Synodontis eupterus

;)

She can be whatever she wants......But if she can say Chromobotia macracanthus by the time she's 5.......
I'll be a proud daddy.....

Wow - got the video to work on the desktop (waiting for the PAR meter to work). Lovely stuff - like the way they pop over, check everything out, it's all cool, drift on elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom