New fish house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J.Mcpeak

Aquarium Advice Addict
More tanks going in over the next few days. It's a DIY build with a load of DIY tanks, some manufactured tanks rescued from quitters, and finally after 8 years keeping fish I've enough space to build my first reef system.

Yes. I built the big tank then moved. It didn't fit into the new address. It was too big to go through the door. So it sat in the garden for a year. The choice was I get rid of my shoal of clown loach. C. Macracanthus and the big tank or . . . . . . I build this. Simple really. I've kept those fish for between 6-8 years, I've been a fish keeper for 8 years. I thinned my collection before I moved, picking out the biggest fish and least favourite. I hated that. I'd do anything for them now!

wow, nice. they must all be pretty big now. whats the climate like there? are you just going to insulate it for the summer heat, and use aquarium heaters for when it gets colder? looking forward to more pics. im sure theres lots of people on here that will be interested in this.

Climate control, kair heat recovery fan controls relative humidity and provides full time circulation. The heater is 1kw/2kw selectable controlled by a timeguard ET05 thermostat. That is temp +. In the summer I will install a temp - thermostat and fan. Basic greenhouse digital monitor for my reference monitors potted water temp. Internal air temp and relative humidity, with high low record. Accurate to 1'C and 3% rh. See the first pic. Utility wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 536
Since installation the room is between 18.8 C' to 24 C' and 70% to 88% relative humidity. 24 Hrs a day. It is a better environment than my house!

My house right now. Loads of dusty stuff in boxes needed cleaning, plus water changes means I have still got one more tank to move in! Puffer on top shelf, tetras below. Stuff generally littering the place, but, it's all in one place. Happy days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 463
The area that will become my reef. Right next to the sink. I've planned it so the sump area tucks away alongside the sink and is partially obscured by it. The tank I will be modifying is also in this shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 440
Thank you very much. Those last two are how it looks now, apart from the empty bottles are now full, except the last one, that's filling up now. I'm so pleased with it but I need more space! This one should keep me happy for a few years though! I lost the last fish room and went back to tanks all over the place 2 downstairs and 1 upstairs, I downsized too! it was a pain, now I am elated, I still have another tank to go in which I have to do a water change on later, fun fun fun! This is my second stupid idea, the first one was the big tank! I love it!

Me and my tank, very proud moment, the tank sat outside for a year, back where it belongs in a room the right way up, ready for fish, almost! This was my fourth DIY tank build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 456
Home for my shoal of clown loach, Chromobotia Macracanthus. There are 11 of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 430
This is the result of 8 years of my life as a fish keeper, the early days are on YouTube. 4tanks2day. The best vids are my fish house and fish tank stills. Don't be too jealous! This is all I have in the world! Oh and a camera! (y)

Back
Top Bottom