New Fish: Red-Tail Black Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultima0chaotic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I got a new red-tail black shark to add more variety into my 75 gallon. He looks all fine and dandy and is quite active.

Here's the video (Don't forget, best seen in HD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqnZ1FXICs

I was wondering if you guys think that the chasing exhibited in the video is aggressive or playful. I've read in many places that they are good with rainbow fish because they are both speedy swimmers.

they are extreamly aggressive fish.. they chase anything in the tank.. rather its bigger or not.. untill the fish chase back.. like my oscar.. my red tail.. didnt chase anything else after that xD

they are serious fin nippers also.

they are extreamly aggressive fish.. they chase anything in the tank.. rather its bigger or not.. untill the fish chase back.. like my oscar.. my red tail.. didnt chase anything else after that xD

they are serious fin nippers also.

I don't have any fish that have large free flowing fins, luckily.

Def seems heathly and livly :] I had rainbow sharks, but never a red-tail. My rainbow shark was extremely docile and kept to himself, but my Albino shark...he hated anything and everything. Good Luck though :D Hopfully he settles in after awhile and establishes a turf and then just occupys that area.

Def seems heathly and livly :] I had rainbow sharks, but never a red-tail. My rainbow shark was extremely docile and kept to himself, but my Albino shark...he hated anything and everything. Good Luck though :D Hopfully he settles in after awhile and establishes a turf and then just occupys that area.

I've read that both rainbow and red tail are pretty aggressive towards their own kind. Are rainbows less aggressive? Or does it depend on the individual fish's unique temperament?

I got rid of my rainbow shark( lighter version of the red tail) because he was tearing up mu kuhli loach, and they barely have any fins to begin with, his injuries were on his body however.

They are mean mean fish, any and all territories are their own in their mind.

my red tailed shark killed off my kulli loach and crab and worked over a couple other fish i'm starting to regret getting it

What do you feed yours? I had a problem with my shark not eating(he passed just a few days ago) and I am still curious. He wasnt nearly as healthy looking as yours tho so Im assuming he was just sickly to begin with. While I had him tho he was very passive. Swam around and was active but never showed aggression. Guess I got lucky after reading some of the comments on here. Im getting another one in a few weeks so we will see how it goes

Sorry to hear that beglely. I feed mine the regular tropical flakes, but they're a lot more solid, they're not flaky at all actually.

i have a red tailed shark a rainbow shark and 2 bala sharks in a tank .at first there pretty nippy .but eventualy they will get better. i feed mine the same type of flake food with shrimp pellets . and sometimes some type of freeze dried food. i cant remember wat its called

I have an albino rainbow and a rainbow. The rainbow gets along fine with all the other fish, but the albino chases the other fish. Not sure whether it's aggressive behavior or not. They are great fish though.

Back
Top Bottom