New fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a 55 gallon at petco $ per gallon sale also. can't beat that.I wish they did that sale with some larger tanks though,
also craislist is great. I got a 38 column with heater. gravel, food, meds, fish , live plants and biowheel for 150.00. I only paid that much for it because it was adverised as a 55 otherwise I would not have got it
and a 55 gallon with a decent stand, 3 filters, gravel. 2 backgrounds, a light, liguid test kit, food, book, and just a bunch of stuff for 100$
Otherthen the pet co sale I can't imagine me ever buying new.

75g vs 55g....lot more room for growth with the 75g. More water = easier management with the same load. The floor space it takes is not much different, 6" more out from the wall its against, vs a 55g "tall" tank.
IMO the 55g tall is not great for larger fish..anything over 4" long will be crowded when turning...and need a lot of water changes most likely. Its great for small schooling fish that swim at different depths though.

I got a 60 gallon tank finally! Decorations are on the way and fish look happy!

Attachments

• image-3165968691.jpg
    image-3165968691.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom