Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New fish tank help !

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418730991.942764.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	258580

Hey im about to start to upgrade from my 3 ft fish tank (in the picture above) sorry if iv posted in the wrong place ! The question is , is when i buy my new fish tank , i want to put it where my old one is , whats the best way to do this as im going to need to cycle it right ?... Am i going to have to drain all my water in my current tank , move it and fill it back up and leave it there while my new fish tank is where the old one was and cycle it there or is there an easier way? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 12-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You should be able to put all the media from your current tank into the new tank plus deco and gravel and the new tank should be instantly cycled to the same bioload as your current tank and then add more fish a few at a time till you have it the way you wanted. That is assuming that your replacing the current tank and dismanteling the old one. Alison

Old 12-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah ill be putting everything from my old tank into my new , appart from the gravel , ill be going quite abit bigger so there wont be enough, would it still be ok with new gravel in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It'll be fine. Assuming you're taking all your fish along with the media then you will be just fine. Give it a week after the transfer and monitor for ammonia before adding any fish.

Tags
fish, new fish, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com