Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gre
I love the snakeskin gourami!
Yes, he is a head turner!

Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've been watching my gouramis very close today and I saw the opaline (smaller) chasing the snakeskin twice today, but no fin nipping. Will this aggression die down or should I take back the snakeskin?

Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #13
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhli Loach View Post
I've been watching my gouramis very close today and I saw the opaline (smaller) chasing the snakeskin twice today, but no fin nipping. Will this aggression die down or should I take back the snakeskin?
I cannot predict the future and tell you what will happen. Chasing is not necessarily a big deal, unless its too frequent and stresses a fish out too much. You are keeping an eye on them and you said you always do, so just watch to make sure the snakeskin doesn't get too stressed or is attacked. Make sure the opaline lets him get to the surface to grab air too. It may just be them figuring out a pecking order. Hopefully, thats all it is and they will figure it out and go about their lives happily. If you are not comfortable with the quality of life the snakeskin is having because of the opaline, then take the snakeskin back.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

I got two new mystery snails and one laid a sack of snail eggs at the top of my fish tank. What do I do?! Do I have to wait for them to hatch before I do a
Old 10-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

water change??
Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Scoop them out with a plastic cup and put them in a bucket filled with tank water I guess. Get some other peoples opinion on this
Old 10-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTy98
I got two new mystery snails and one laid a sack of snail eggs at the top of my fish tank. What do I do?! Do I have to wait for them to hatch before I do a
This isnt your thread, so in the future make your own under the fw and brachish general dicussion fourm. Seeing as your new, however, its okay! Welcome by the way. And i believe mystery snails wont hatch in freshwater, but i could definatly be wrong. I dont have any.

Congrats on the new additions kuhli!!!! I swear that snakeskin it the coolest gourami iv seen! If my lfs ever has one ill snatch it up hope your opaline lays off, and goodluck!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah, they're fine now. They always swim together! And mystery snails can definatly spawn in freshwater.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhli Loach
Yeah, they're fine now. They always swim together! And mystery snails can definatly spawn in freshwater.
They can? Thank you for the info. Must have been a different snail i was thinking of
Old 10-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
They can? Thank you for the info. Must have been a different snail i was thinking of
You are probably thinking of nerites. They can't successfully spwn in fw. Mystery snails can though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com