New Fishies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
You are probably thinking of nerites. They can't successfully spwn in fw. Mystery snails can though. :)

Ah yes, thats what i was thinking if :) thank you

My egg sack is out of the water and dry. Is that okay?? Or do they need to be in water??

TyTy98 said:
My egg sack is out of the water and dry. Is that okay?? Or do they need to be in water??

How is it out of the water? Simply add more. And please, create your own thread. I guarentee that others will give you tons of help. And i will try and help too

I don't know how to make my own thread and it is attached to the top of my fish tank. If I added more water it would over flow!!

I have successfully bred my mystery snails. The egg sack must be out of the water, or the eggs will drown, and not hatch. It takes about 2-4 weeks for the eggs to hatch, and be prepared for tons of babies! I had over 100, but I only have 8 now, most of the babies died of starvation, I believe. And, google is good too (most of the time)

TyTy98 said:
I don't know how to make my own thread and it is attached to the top of my fish tank. If I added more water it would over flow!!

Go fo forums on your left, click freshwater, then fresh and brackish general discussion. Then i would say gently scoot the sac down. Just my opinion

fishdude25 said:
I have successfully bred my mystery snails. The egg sack must be out of the water, or the eggs will drown, and not hatch. It takes about 2-4 weeks for the eggs to hatch, and be prepared for tons of babies! I had over 100, but I only have 8 now, most of the babies died of starvation, I believe. And, google is good too (most of the time)

Thank you so much!!

Gboy66 said:
Go fo forums on your left, click freshwater, then fresh and brackish general discussion. Then i would say gently scoot the sac down. Just my opinion

I did it! Thanks :^)

Sorry this is my last question. I promise. Is it true that when the eggs are about to hatch they will turn black??

Yes, you'll be able to do a water change. Just be careful with the eggs, you don't want them to break. And welcome to the site! :)

Back
Top Bottom