New Fishkeeper. New Tank Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

After having a Goldfish (for our Daughter) for some time & enjoying him we have decided to go a step further & set up a tank in the lounge.

After a bit of searching we found a good deal on a new tank at P@H (60l tank with cabinet & tropical starter kit for £99. Bargain!).

So now our adventure starts... I've always liked the help & knowledge from forums such as this. Im sure over the coming days, weeks, months we’ll get much useful information from you all + I thought it be nice for everyone here to join us on our new journey.

We enjoyed building the cabinet & setting the tank up last night & Im very pleased with it. We have put a couple of plants in & a lovely piece of wood. We are now letting it settle, waiting, before we get some fish.

Some detail:
Tank: Interpet Fish Pod 60 x 32 x 37 – 64l
This has a really nice curved front and white day light & blue night light in the hood.
Heater: Interpet Delta Therm 150w
Filter: Interpet Power Filter PF2

Were going for a natural look so so far we have put in:
Natural gravel substrate
2 tall plants along the back of the tank
1 A plant growing on a rock
1 piece of Bogwood

We have put in the recommended amount of Tap Safe, Filter Start and Plant Food and put the heater and filter on, and that’s where we’re up to.

Here's 'Finding Nemo' our daughters Goldfish that started this whole thing
&
Our new tank, only got the plants & a piece of wood in so far but looks ok I think.

Attachments

• image-778372690.jpg
    image-778372690.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image-3715813727.jpg
    image-3715813727.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 128
The water has gone a slight brown colour. I gather this is from the wood?
Will it be ok like this? & will the water clear up? (although I quite like it how it is, looks natural).

Hey the tea color In your water is the tannic acid from
The bog wood I actually added tannic extract to my water to
Tint it like that it also helps lower the ph in your aquarium...

Back
Top Bottom