new frags and lr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello today i went to the lfs and got some more lr and it looked normal and when i put it on my aquarium it had some zoanthids and it has like all over the rock but almost each of them on their own about 10 of them of different sizes the first pic is of some of them and also a really tinny starfish the one that look like if it had hairs. i also got 2 frags that were together on a piece of live rock but it happens to be that each little piece of lr had 3 of them but of different sizes the biggest one on one lr is 2inches long and the biggest one in the other ones is about 1 1/2 ich long i also got 2 Hydor Koralia 3 850 GPH for my 80 gall tank ist that too much, i changed my other pumps so i can put them on my rubber made container so whe i store sw it wont get bad after awhie

I'm not sure what you are asking but let me point out that you will want to watch your water parameters close for the next couple weeks because a big move may trigger a mini-cycle and the amonia may go up. With fish in the tank you'll want to do more water changes right now to help with it. I would check every day to make sure it doesn't get too out of wack.

You might want to post a better picture of those "individual zoanthids". One of them sure looks more like aiptasia than a zoanthid. Or maybe I'm just seeing a really browned out "yellow polyp"?

I think uxsousli was just trying to let you know that if you add uncured live rock to an existing tank, you could see a little cycle from any die off.

oh ok thanks, ill as soon as i can, oh i was a little confused too, i usually try to get the cured one that has alot of color and doesnt really stink 2 much

you have to be careful with live rock that smells like anything other than seawater.

The polyps might be normal brown polyps. The other two look like some kind of xenia.

Back
Top Bottom