New Frags...what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJMS86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a couple of new frags for my tank...a purple/red mushroom and one I can't remember the name of (looks like a green/beige lumpy mushroom) but I tried wedging them in my LR but my crabs etc... keep knocking them off and they land upside down or on sand way down below. How do you get them to stay where you want them?

I read a few posts here and at another site that said to use superglue...but didnt think that seemed right....doesn't that bother the fish or inverts??

AND...will they spread over the LR where I place it..is that how it works? I'm a newbie and not too sure about corals
I have fed them once with marine snow already...
I already have 2 other frags bought 2 months ago a very small green hammer head frag (?) and a green/beige frogspawn
Any help or suggestions will be helpful...

Super glue is 100% reef safe as long as its real superglue (cyanoacrylate). You can even use it in an emergency to close up a bad cut. Use superglue GEL for gluing frags to rocks. Ive used it to glue bare zoanthids to rocks before as well as frag plugs to rocks. Loctite brand is good. Just make sure that nothing can get into it before it sets. Ive heard of fish getting their mouths glued shut and dying.

The corals will grow all over if you give them good lighting and good water conditions.

They dont need to be fed anything other than light as long as you have fish that are pooping on a regular basis, as well as weekly PWC to replace elements in the water.

Matt

+1 Even though it STILL won't let me.

the glue will actually set up better under water. Take the frag out, put a decent glob on, and then smush it down into your tank where you want it. I put a tupperware container over the top while it is drying to keep inquisitive things outta the way.

Thank you for the help!!

Thank you for the help...assisting me with steps to attach the coral frags...I was so pleased with how easy it was that I went and bought 2 more frags...a red/purple mushroom and a green ricordia mushroom :p

Back
Top Bottom